New TV deserves a new stand

Tom Niemi

Staff member
I finally retired my 1995 back projection TV and replaced with a HD LED and needed something to put it on. My wife asked if I could follow the design of the kitchen and thought she had a great idea:) So here is what I came up with. Oh an special thanks to my bud Larry for letting me use tools I don't have yet:thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 80
Very nice, Tom. :clap: I really like the design and you pulled it off very well.

I also like the ceiling mount option you show in pic #3, too. :thumb: :rofl:

I was wondering how you sit to watch tv in your house, does one have to do yoga and be standing on your head? :D

On the other hand the unit is very very nice. :score:Totally my favorite style and choice of wood. Love the color. You dun good now just get that oxtail done. :D:rofl::thumb::scram:

+1 on great use of the wood on the legs.

I also thought it was interesting how you designed the sides to avoid all the mortising. I think it looks about as good and would have been a bunch easier to build - will have to keep that in mind.

+1 on great use of the wood on the legs.

I also thought it was interesting how you designed the sides to avoid all the mortising. I think it looks about as good and would have been a bunch easier to build - will have to keep that in mind.

Ahhh well Tom Ryan let your secret out. :) You had me fooled until he mentioned "how you avoided the mortising" so i had to go back and take a better look and then i saw it. You sneaky, I think a certain person up the road from you had a hand in how you took those pics. You crafty Michiganders. Thanks Ryan.
Now i like it even more top.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Thanks for for the nice comments all:) It sure is an improvement on the ancient technology that was there before:)

Nice!

But you snuck this in with no WOP pictures? Boo!

No Work in progress pics of this, it's a boring simple design, what you see is what you get, now if it was a great media cabinet like Glenn is building it would be a different story.

Aren't friends like Larry a real treasure?

more than he will ever know:)