It's Friday! - 4/18/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Getting off work early today, parents are back in town and will be spending the night. Have a little gun smith work I'm doing and hope to finish it up tonight. This weekend I'll be working on the yard and getting the guest bedroom ready for one of my favorite folks here. Might throw something on the smoker for Sunday and need to do some serious shop cleaning.

What's everyone else got going?

Now that I think (or hope) Old Man Winter has had his last hurrah here, I'm hoping to get new pads in the swamp cooler this weekend and get it up and running for the season. I have several other maintenance/cleaning chores to do around the apartment this weekend, too.

If the time and motivation are there, I've got a guitar re-wiring job to do this weekend. It hasn't been a priority, but the end result should be worth the work involved. I also have a new pedal board (guitar effects and amp models) that I've had for a couple of months, yet still have not got it programmed and ready to use in public.

Playing a gig at a friend's private party tomorrow evening. It has the potential of becoming a fun jam session with a number of notable local musicians.

Just finished the latest projects (posted) & am now awaiting the arrival tonight of our daughter from Manhattan for an Easter weekend at home. The girls enjoy shopping at a local seacoast town (Portsmouth) so we'll be doing that tomorrow & have dinner there as well. Sunday is Easter dinner at my BI's home. Looking forward to an enjoyable family weekend!

Taking it easy at home tonight, probably some shop time if I feel like it. Tomorrow the plan is to clean out the entire garage and throw away or donate 60% of the junk in there. It's needed to happen for a few years, but this brutal winter and my messy shop moved the LOML to "suggest" that next winter she will be parking in there. There will be room if we get rid of all the boxes we haven't opened or looked at in the 10yrs we've lived here. :doh:She even agreed to help me...after I told her I wasn't even going ot look in the boxes, just start tossing them.

Sunday will be family time after church...oh and lots of good food too!

Friday: We've been watching it rain all day! Looks like this weather will move on out tonight. So far, we've had 2.4" of rain since it started at 2:30 this morning!

Saturday: I'll spend a little time in the shop on some organizing and cleaning. Yeah, that's it. Part of the day will be spent finishing packing for our getaway.

Sunday: Getaway day! We'll head down to the port of Tampa first thing to board the ship for a 7-day western Carribean cruise! The return home will be the following Sunday. Fun time!

It will be a year on the 22nd that my grandson passed away. My daughter as been asking for a box to hold some of the memorabilia that she has. I just couldn't bring myself to make her one until today. I started this morning milling up some cherry boards and digging out the beautiful piece of walnut burl that Larry gave me some time ago. I will inlay it into the top. So most of today and Saturday will be speng in the shop.

Sunday a bunch of the kids and grand kids will be here for Easter dinner. After Church we'll have an Easter egg hunt at the house for them and if they haven't filled up on candy they can stuff themselves with Ham and turkey :rofl:

Next week the wife is on vacation from school so that means she'll be standing over me with a frying pan until I strip the bathroom wallpaper, fix a small leak, and do the painting that she told me to do months ago :(
I'd rather chew glass than paint.

Had a list until Bills rain showed up :) cant wait for sunny spring days dont mind low temp but need to be able to go outside.
Public Holiday in Canada today (Good Friday)
Got a car to repair and get back on road for son coming home from school end of next week.
Then hope to get some draws made. If i get that far i will be delighted. Also doing taxes cannot stand admin work.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Saturday is our Easter.

Going to my Daughters house.

My son and his will be there also.

Grand kiddys and all.

Easter egg hunt

SUNDAY - believe it or not - ceiling beam covers. Will be for several weeks.

I am almost done the first one - 4 more to go

Got up early this morning (4:50AM) to zip over to South San Francisco for a job walk. I-680 South, I-580 West, CA-92 West across the San Mateo Bridge and then US-101 North, all at breakneck speed and congestion. Then turn around and do it all again. I am now safe in my Residence Inn in San Ramon. I have been pounding out some serious mileage (walking & running) every evening on the Iron Horse Trail, as it is 50 feet from my room. I will probably do the same this weekend. I will also hit some balls at one of the local ranges. I plan on shipping my clubs down, maybe my bike. I can't wait until I finally tan enough to cover the Pacific NW white on my legs. I kind of stand out right now.

Next weekend is my weekend home.

Winding down and resting up from a very active few weeks here. A week on the west coast and two busy business trips across the Pacific (including some under the table renovation work:) )overlapping with my wife's trip to Hawaii to visit our older son, and now we're home and spring's arrived, so there is an unlimited number of jobs to do around our little farm. Looks like some fence repairs are on the short list, and general clean-up. It MIGHT be safe to unship the snowblower and chains from the Farmall.

Our younger son headed to Calgary this week :( , for an interview and maybe a new opportunity. We're hoping he does well, but are also kind of low in our spirits with him so far away for who knows how long. Don't know if we'll feel like doing much feasting on Sunday.

Awww crap...guess it is! Did the PALS re-cert today. Prep for a beer making day at the "Brent & Sharon" ranch tomorrow. Couple of new guns in the stable, so a trip to the gun shop for nitro, oil and pads. Sleeping for a 4 straight of NOC trauma ICU...(please insert cus words as deemed fit) darn it.

IM certain I wont need the snoblower anymore, so I have to rearrange the shed today, get the snowblower into the back, the drum sander up front, clean out the shed, put up the car port tent, clean out the bbq since I did not use it all winter, or at least more than once a while ago, tonight dinner with the kids somewhere.
sunday, nothing planned yet.

I am making bread today, yesterday we attended the Good Friday service then went to our son's for a marathon card playing session, today church, tomorrow church, but as none of my kids are coming home for Easter, I may get some work done tomorrow and Monday. Monday is a holiday in Canada for banks, schools, and civil servants, so the Memsahib is off, and will be cracking the whip.