Arrived in Albuquerque

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
...about 5 local time. Waiting for Vaughn to get off work and then some vittles. Yum. He said we have some catching up to do. Can't wait.

Careful of that Vaughn...it all starts with vittles...and the next thing you know you're up on stage singing karaoke to Stevie Nicks songs!! Have fun:D

Nope, no karaoke tonight, but Carol did get to have a bit of the local cuisine. The fried bread "pillow" she's holding in this pic is a sopaipilla, which in itself is worth driving cross country for. :D I wanted to try a restaurant I'd never been to before, so we met at El Bruno's, a place that had been recommended to me by a number of people. In hindsight, the food was good, but not great. Next time I take her to dinner I'll take her to a great place...we have plenty of those to choose from here.

Carol%20at%20El%20Bruno%20600.jpg

But this meet-up wasn't really about the food. We had a great visit and talked and talked and talked. We'd probably still be talking if we didn't both have other commitments to attend to this evening. It's always a pleasure seeing Carol and catching up on all the latest. And Carol being who she is, she brought wood for both me and Nate Davey to play with. :thumb:

Thanks again for meeting up with me, Carol...I thoroughly enjoyed the time together! :D Safe travels, my friend. :wave:

Another great ride along. :thumb: Vaughn, we used to make sopaipillas in Spanish class in high school...haven't had one since. Might need to make some this weekend to get ready for Cinco de Mayo!