Belated Xmas present install-SHELLIX HEAD

no on the slab jeff, its some junk wood i had laying around,, steves stuff is nice but i gave that chunk i had to jay.. but i wish i had some of steves other he has got coming.. just to much purty wood around:)

I thinki need to relieve you of some wood tomorrow if thats the stuff you call junk. :) Looking forward to seeing it.

stain test, well ted had to go play with it again this am ,, man its fun to watch it do its thing and no noise to speak of.. well i ran a piece of soft maple threw it twice at the same setting so i got some feed roller tracks on one end but the ripples you see in the pictures i feel are more grain than scallops.. this wasnt pre treated or sanded just planed twice and stained with a oil base stain..i could live with this as is but if one sanded it and pretreated it it would great..so in my opiion for work that you want out the door fast its ready to go off the planer, if you want better finish than sand a little first.
shellix head-stain 002.jpgshellix head-stain 001.jpg

Well to add to this story, yesterday i got to witness this planner head first hand. Wow is an understatement.
Wish we had taken pics. Larry picks up this really rough sawn piece of figured cherry. Ornery is putting it mildly.
So Larry fires up the dust collector then fires up the planner. Only incremental noise really is motor. Puts the board through and wow hardly any planning noise and he took off a good chunk in a single pass.
Amazing finish. My hobby Dw735 makes way more racket. As Larry says its fun to be planning.

Larry are you now thinking of next Xmas upgrade by putting same head in your jointer? Thats what i was thinking on the ride home.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

i probally should rob but for what i use a jointer for the planer made more sence to upgrade it..the verdict isnt in yet on changing out the jointer would have to have along chat with glenn first on that one..glad you made it home safe and sound.. wish you could have stayed longer..today its colder and windy so you had the best weather of the wknd:)