Anyone do laser engraving?

Steve Ash

I need to have some (for lack of correct wording?) laser engraving done and would like to see if anyone on this forum can do this?

Steve - What do you need?

I have a 12 x 18 inch limit but can sometimes extend that depending on shape of the item.

For members here my prices are normally less than those posted on website.

Pete, I have a friend that I went to college with 38 years ago who has been a big help to me over the years. Recently he asked me to build a office for him and part of this project was using walnut and ash boards that came off his family farm quite a few years ago. Of course there is some left over (scraps) that I thought I would make a box like the one pictured ( I made for my wife ) for his desk. I would dovetail it all before sending one panel off to be engraved, then assemble it and give it to him as a gift for all his help. I would need his business name engraved, it is 15 letters in length.

dovetail box.jpg

Wish I could help. I get so frustrated with my local engraver and the way they do business, I wish I had the money to buy out their business. I think I would really enjoy it and may make a decent business of it. I book marked Pete's site. I will need a pen engraved in the not to distant future. Do you do that, Pete?

Paul, I can answer that yes he does engrave some pens. Which specifically he doesn't or can't I won't answer. I like that I can send him an assembled pen and they come back ready to send to the customer. Acrylics no. Amazing work and again, you won't wait weeks for your stuff to come back. I cannot say enough good things about Pete's work and his contributions to my students and their pens.

Steve - What are the dimensions of the piece you would send? Less than 12 x 18 and we are all set.

Can engrave across the different types of wood but remember it looks different in different woods.

Also might think about the bottom - Something like from the shop of Steve Ash or from an old college buddy. If you send me your signature / initials I can scan that and add to the bottom saying.

If you want to send just one sample piece of wood be glad to do a sample for just postage. Or a couple of the different woods to see how the lasering looks.