old clint eastwood movie?

larry merlau

need the title, he was in a desert somewhere and came up on this guy catching fish with his bare hands and they got into it but became partners, the other guy was good with a knife and carried a sawed of shotgun later on, might have rode a horse backwards for abit.. i want to say he went by john the baptist but not positive.. any of you western lovers know the title of this movie?

You sure u not mixing up Clint with the movie Magnificent Seven where one young guy when he gets tested in the bar is excluded from the seven but follows the initial six at a distance. Then overtakes them catches fish with his hands and hangs them in the tree for the six to see when crossing the river. Then he is found just after with a fire going and becomes the seventh. It was Yul Brunner and Steve McQueen (man from UNCLE ..Robert Vaughn ,Charles Bronson thats where i run out of memory. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree with Alan and say El Dorado....John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan > who, as 'Mississippi' is the youngster who's good with a knife but can't shoot worth a durn, so JW gives him a sawed off shot gun.... and, if memory serves, he also rode back-saddle while shootin at the bad fellers.

I'd have to agree with Alan and say El Dorado....John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan > who, as 'Mississippi' is the youngster who's good with a knife but can't shoot worth a durn, so JW gives him a sawed off shot gun.... and, if memory serves, he also rode back-saddle while shootin at the bad fellers.

I agree, just watched it again a couple months ago.

wel i know this guy was catchun fish with his hands in a pond, and had curly hair, maybe my memory is worse than i thought but now i got four or five titles to look for on net flix:)

I'm thinking you have a couple of movies mixed up in your search.... the one I remember about a young man catching catfish in a pond was Terrence Hill in "My Name is Nobody" with Henry Fonda.... I don't remember him using the shot gun.... one character that did use the sawed off was a TV series about a bounty hunter .... can't remember who starred in that one, but vaguely think it might have been McQueen...

This is the IMDB reference to My Name is Nobody....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070215/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_28

Just remembered the TV series... Wanted Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen as Josh Randall - he used a quick draw sawed off shotgun.

I'm thinking you have a couple of movies mixed up in your search.... the one I remember about a young man catching catfish in a pond was Terrence Hill in "My Name is Nobody" with Henry Fonda.... I don't remember him using the shot gun.... one character that did use the sawed off was a TV series about a bounty hunter .... can't remember who starred in that one, but vaguely think it might have been McQueen...

This is the IMDB reference to My Name is Nobody....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070215/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_28

Just remembered the TV series... Wanted Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen as Josh Randall - he used a quick draw sawed off shotgun.

Bounty Hunter was Steve McQueen "Wanted Dead or Alive" TV series and it was a sawed off lever action Winchester. Don't remember the caliber but not a shot gun as I remember.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=88D639CBF9428880955188D639CBF94288809551

The commercial is one you would never see today. I think he died of lung cancer.

He was one of my all time favorites.

Last edited:
I remember the fish scene in "My name is Nobody" with the fish, great movie, the shotgun was another movie, I remember the one character was such a bad shot that they made him a quick draw double barreled shotgun.

Ah-Ha, its El Dorado, the James Caan character is good with a knife, but lousy with a gun, so John Wayne buys him a special cut down version.....

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/El_Dorado#Cut-down_Double_Barrel_12_Gauge

500px-El5.jpg

500px-El6.jpg

Poor quality but....