It's Friday! - 4/25/2014 Edition

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great weekend coming up weather wise, well pretty good anyway. Have quite a bit of yard work on my list to do. Hopefully I'll be getting a little shop time in and able to work on my gun vise. Have little welding project to work on making a step hitch for my garden trailer.

What's everyone else got going?

Doing some guitar-slingin' tonight with my band buddies at the local sports bar & grill, then tomorrow I'm doing some gun-slingin' with my shooting club at our monthly Range Day. Also plan to finish the work I've been doing on the swamp cooler to get it ready for the summer. It's clean now...just need to install new pads and check out the pump. Saturday night will be out on the town listening to a couple of bands that friends play in. Sunday will be for extra sleep, as well as catching up on various odds and ends, including the ongoing saga of the rewiring job on one of my guitars.

Day off.

I had a tree cut down last year - ended up with trunk 14' long and about 14-18 diameter.

Went to saw mill this morning got it cut up

Much is 1/4 sawn

Red Oak

5/4

It's all stickered and stacked

NOW - working in finish painting interior doors for the remodel project.

I gotta get the doors out of the shop - I am getting crowded out.

Tonight we are hosting my parents, sister and BIL and their kids for brats and beers (root beer for the little ones). Tomorrow the girl and I will be going to look at tools and dream. She wants a JD rider, I want a new bandsaw. :rolleyes: Then it's out with some friend to a new patio bar/grill. Sunday looks like rain so probably some shop time for me.

Picking up a couple redwood 4x4's for my canoe build...finally. Pouring some new steampunk pen blanks. Tomorrow at the range so Stacey and I can get our CCW's and atomize some more paper with my new S&W M&P 40. Sunday is sleep, church, cook and catch up on the DVR library.

Busy days today & tomorrow:
  • De-thatch & then mow lawn.
  • Change the oil & filter in the lawn tractor.
  • Then tune it up.
  • Remove the mower deck, lube it & sharpen the blades.
  • Open up the irrigation system & resolve any sprinkler head or zone valve problems.
  • Get a hair cut... might as well get them all cut while I'm at it. :thumb:
  • Run errands.
  • Take a nap....................... maybe two! On second thought I might forget about the work. :thumb::rofl:
  • Grill some rib-eyes tonight! :thumb:

was supposed to fill in cracks in blacktop tomorrow with son, but with rain approaching, that might be off.]
tonight, its just me and my daughter and Im taking her out to dinner, really looking forward to that.

Chasing an old Tom Tomorrow morning. Maybe work a bit in the afternoon or paint some on the loon Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Or maybe get some riding in, it's been a long winter.

Wow Ted that must hurt. Hope she feels better soon.

Today was mostly yard work. Had about 3 tons of sand in my garage and driveway. I really helped out my COPD by blowing that around all day. At least the garage and driveway doesn't feel like I'm walking on marbles anymore.
Bought a new oil filter, fuel filter, and spark plug for my old faithful John Deere stx 38. I'll get to fixing that up tomorrow.

Had some plumbing issues in one of the bathrooms upstairs. There was a leak in a pipe under the floor that has opened up a hole in the downstairs bathroom ceiling. Got some of it fixed yesterday but I have to open up the floor to find the big leak. Looks like I'll have to replace a toilet and about 3' of underlayment. Of course the insurance company is giving me a hard time about covering the cost :(

Updating the downstairs bath is going well (other than the ceiling) my son offered to do a bunch of the work. Wallpaper is off, walls primed and painted, tile to go down and new toilet as soon as the ceiling issue is taken care of.

Sunday church, then finish up on the memorial box for my daughter.

I have been on the road since 6:30 this am and only just got into the hotel room in Port Huron MI on my way with youngest son to visit Larry tomorrow and pick up my new Drill Press. Stopped in at HF to pick up some auto tools and those moving blanket. (boy they are great for $5.99. Thanks for the coupons guys they came in handy. We both got freebies son now has a free multimeter for his tool bag :rofl:

Hope to get an early start tomorrow and visit with Larry for a while before we get going back to Toronto. Life is a bit hectic this weekend.

Ted i hope your missus is feeling better and recovers quick.

Bob you lucky you only dealing with an insurance company i live with the insurance companies illuminati my wife. Try thinking never mind actually making a claim in our house and you would think its her money she is guarding. A subject we just dont discuss. :)

Last edited:
We thank you for the well wishes. Ice packs seem to be doing their job. She has vowed not to land on her face anymore:)

Glad to hear she's on the mend, those 'down to earth' gals can be tough when need be :thumb::D

Back on topic> My weekend will be spent doing some garden prep and a major shop clean-up... Put in another window, which entailed moving half a wall of junk along with drywall & insulation removal, on top of the mess from adding some cedar fencing around the flower beds to keep the mutts out... add in the umpteen boxes the wife has stored temporarily until she holds her yard sale, well, lets just say it's getting to the point the dogs are afraid to enter for fear of getting lost or having something fall on them :rofl::eek::D

I will be finishing my road trip. Well, most of it. Expect to be back in Albuquerque Saturday, Arizona Sunday, and home Monday.

Then I think I will take a nap.