Lunch today

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
It is hard for me to be inspired by food, but one has to eat. Today it is half a bolillo roll, with avocado, chicken breast, Swiss cheese, tomato, romaine, and mayonnaise. A few baby carrots and a slice of bread and butter pickle. Sliced apple top it off. Not bad.

Share your favorite lunch. I need new ideas.

Grilled chicken spinach salad. Add some halved grape tomatoes, diced cucumber, hard boiled egg and just a bit of sesame dressing. Add some crumbled bacon and diced hot peppers if you please too. Finish lunch with an apple or banana. When I have time to make it and take it, I eat this almost everyday and it never gets old to me. I haven't had it once this week...guess I'll be grilling some chicken up this weekend. Looking forward to other ideas too! :thumb:

had a spinach pie from my vegan daughter:( i thought she said mince pie it was like a turnover but i after the first bite i realized i had been deceived,, didnt go back for seconds

- Egg Salad on fresh white bread, don't forget a piece of iceberg lettuce for some crunch, as well as good sized chunks of celery in the egg salad.

- homemade cinammon raisin bread out of the bread maker - so fresh it is steaming hot, spread with butter. Then another slice, and another...

- And call me old school, but I still like a pb + j regularly -- crunchy peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam is my preferred...

- fried egg on toast with mayo and cheez whiz.

Sardines in Louisiana hot sauce with some genuine Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce on Wasa Sesame crispbread...at least once a week. Sometimes I do the ones in mustard sauce for a change of pace.

bob i dont understand yu:) you got some great seafood near you and yu eat that canned stuff that is leftovers from something..????:huh:

I hate fish. Except lobster, clams and scallops (I know they are not fish so don't anyone get all expert on me)
Can't eat them all the time so I indulge myself with a feel good food once a week. OK, maybe twice :eek: or until the can is gone

Ham and Swiss sandwich on the fly, followed by half a frosted cinnamon bun from Mom's Bakery in Berwick. Turned my back and Mr Dog had helped himself to the other half! He seems to feel so entitled!!
Made up for it tonight, ribeye, medium rare on the BBQ with a Sleeman's cream ale, in which he did not share :)