Brainzzz!

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Well, not really, just the best mushrooms ever! My sister and BIL stopped by tonight to see the grandson. They brought me some Morel mushrooms.
2014-05-02 19.04.05.jpg2014-05-02 20.23.18.jpg

Got them soaking now, but plan to egg and dip them in crackers before frying, will put the rest on wax paper and freeze them for later consumption. :)

I remember hunting those with my dad when I was very young.

My grandma fried them up and man they were the best tasting mushrooms I ever had.

I swear I can still taste them and I have had any for probably 35 years.

:drool::drool::drool: Oh, Oh, Oh, I have a story. I have always liked Morel mushrooms and usually found at least a small bucket full each year. Oh, well except for one year...Before we moved into town we used to live on a 650 acre piece of land way out in the boonies. Just the year before we moved there a forest fire had gone over the mountain just above our property. Most mushroom guys know that mushrooms usually come out in a burn area 1-2 years after a fire, and that is exactly what happened. Well seeing as how Morel mushrooms are worth like 15$ a pound and are really quite a big business for some people the folks were just pouring in from all over the place. Well long story summarized the only way to get to the mushrooms was through our property, so people gave us a percentage of the mushrooms they picked every day. We were getting at least two 20 gallon buckets full of Morels each week. I had -and probably never will get the chance to again- never eaten so many mushrooms before. We also dried tons of mushrooms to eat at a later date as well.

Wow, that would be cool.

Should have done these before breakfast, just barely had enough eggs for the batter. Fried a few up with butter, had to sit and savor them for a bit. The rest is all mine anyway, wife and daughter both hate mushrooms. :)

y6ugasut.jpg

Last edited: