last sonrise

This past week my nephew Scott after sitting in the early mourning, watching the sun rise with his mom. Reached over took her hand and that breathed his last breath of air on this earth. As some of you know I was very proud of him as a person and a artist. Yes he liked the digital art, but he was every bit as good with a pencil, or a paint brush. The platter ain't much, but I think they will get the message every time they look at it. In the house pic I'm posting you can see the windows my bro made for his house, these are the windows they were looking out of on that mourning. As a side note this is the last place my son ever saw also, as after leaving there he died not 3 min down the road. Now Scott and Sol were not only cousin's but best friends. So now Sol has his Best friend with him, and just waiting for the rest of us to show up. The self portrait is from Scott when he found out he had cancer.
Thanks for letting me ramble on a bit.
Steve
003 (800x694).jpgaddition+2%20[640x480].jpg460138_10150764350541563_484628595_o.jpg

Some are here for such a short time and leave such a big hole. Art surely runs in the family. Sorry for your loss, but you hang around some more! Nice memorial. Interesting house, too.

Thank you all. Will send thoughts and good wishes there way. Carol, Keith built that house using logs from our youngest bro's land.90% of the work was done by him and his wife. The other 10% was from family and friends. When he built his first cabin on that land he named it Sonrise, hence the reason for the windows. And yes he was thinking about his only child at the time, not a real Sunrise.

So sorry Steve. He had a great talent, and Artistry seems to run deep in your family.

My condolences go out to you and yours.