Who receives WW Magazines via an iPad?

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
I took the plunge (with some help from my son who works for T-Mobile and a really sweet deal) and I should receive my new iPad Air 32G tomorrow. One of the things I promised Jan was that I would reduce the stack of WW magazines on my night stand by switching as may subscriptions as possible over to the iPad. I know most (Wood, Popular WW, FWW) have electronic versions available, I just need to figure out if I can stop the print versions and switch over.

Question - how many of you get periodicals via a tablet? What are the pros, cons, and pitfall I should be watching for?

Last edited:
I am just toooooo cheap.

I don't get ANY periodicals at all any more.

I just HATE monthly fees.

To me - "THEY" - just squeeze me more doing it a little at a time - and I don't want to pay up front either.

So - the best deal for me --- NO

The internet feeds me relatively free - and just fine.

I'm subscribed to Next Issue (http://nextissue.com) which includes Wood, but no other woodworking specific magazines, but does have This Old House, Dwell, and a couple of other architecture and design magazines. They have about 130+ magazines which you can read current one and any of the last 12 months issues included. We share the account between our devices and our kids, so something for everyone. For plans and articles I want to print I do a printscreen of the page on the device and print it. Check out the list of magazines on their site. I've been thinking about a few others via amazon, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Darren, http://nextissue.com looks like a great deal to me...The wife spends over that much a month getting gossip mags, that are listed on there, from the checkout isle a couple times a month. Thanks!

ding, ding, ding, ding ...yup, that's why we went to it too. :) There are several other magazines that I'd not subscribe to, but enjoy reading, like the car, cooking, travel, and consumer magazines, well worth the price to me.

Like I said, the whole family shares the account, so kids are using it on their kindles and iphones. The shelf does show what everyone is reading, just asked them not to remove my magazines from it when using it on their devices. You can also either automatically download the content or do it selectively, which I'll do when I know I'm going to be away from wifi for a while and want something to read.

Last edited:
I am just toooooo cheap.

I don't get ANY periodicals at all any more.

I just HATE monthly fees.

To me - "THEY" - just squeeze me more doing it a little at a time - and I don't want to pay up front either.

So - the best deal for me --- NO

The internet feeds me relatively free - and just fine.

I am with you Leo. I do more and better woodworking since i joined the forum and stopped reading their servings of what the next widget to buy is that you have to have but never use. Got a big enough collection of those. More doing less reading about doing is what i say and there are plenty here to help you properly fix something if you dont know.
Larrys point about the TV table how to recently said it all.
Buy more wood or tools with the proceeds :thumb: