OK, how 'bout this one?

Just a word of caution about those things, yes they work, but you are adding a fair bit of overhang to your spindle, which can result in vibration, just saying :)

Yeah. The vibration from having to use an adapter was one of the main reasons I got rid of my first lathe. It had a weird thread and I was limited on chucks and other things---cannot remember what all---but it was a pain.

Enjoy,
JimB

ps the ways look like they have rust in the pictures. That would be a real "No No" to me. My "perfectionist" father would not even lay a tool on the ways, let alone tolerate ANY rust.

Oh, I shudda mentioned that these nice people also gave me a chunk of a tree that may be useful for turning. The lady said it was 'pussy willow' but these chunks are part of a trunk at least 12" in diameter. They are not heavy, but may be worth playing with. They are also going to save me a chunk of a locust they are going to cut down.

Well done Roger, always a great feeling after making a good deal. May it be rewarding. Now fast forward to the next chapter of your woodworking life & make some curly chips. Look forward to your turnings.

Yep, I had that model. And, yes, it is a Reeves drive. But, note the price. And the Reeves drive worked just great for me for six years. I sold it for what I paid for it about six years ago. The Reeves drive is not something to fear, they work and at far less cost than an EVS. In six years it had three belts. One was defective and only lasted a short while, other than that expect several years from a belt. Changing is simple. One must discipline oneself to always shift to lowest speed when removing work. Speed can only be changed while running and you don't want to restart with a large out of balance hunk on there at high speed. :eek: Other than that it is a dependable lathe that will do whatever you ask of it. Not fancy but a worker. $300.00 in USD would be about right. That tool rest extension must be used with caution but can be helpful. The extension is not a permanent thing, can be removed for close in work. If the price is right for you, I wouldn't hesitate.