Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Big Mess:(

One Big Mess:(

well those of you who have met charlie, know he has got eplisy and he had a seizure today in the truck while i was away.. i got a big mess on the floor to clean up.. any suggestions on how to approach it.. its a old truck so it wouldnt hurt it if i just took the hose to it but then i got the diluted stuff all over the rest of the truck floor carpet? any ideas of the best way to do this.. need to use the truck for work tomorrow and dont need to smell this all the way there and back.. HELP
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Perhaps rent a rug doctor with the hose attachment and some good smelling carpet cleaner. Hope he's feeling better.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

I don't know if this will help but....... I just picked up a can of TSP from the local farm store. Most hardware stores carry the stuff. TSP is trisodiumphospate. This is the stuff that used to really get your clothes and dishes clean. You might need to google on how to use it but it is reputed to make detergents way more efficient. My sister claims it will clean and cut just about any grease or stain when added to detergents.
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

If its odor you want to eliminate, simply use warm soapy water and a medium stiff brush. I'd use Dawn dish washing liquid. Thorough rinse and you are good to go. Flush the bulk of the mess out first.

Now the important question; is Charlie OK?
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    If its odor you want to eliminate, simply use warm soapy water and a medium stiff brush. I'd use Dawn dish washing liquid. Thorough rinse and you are good to go. Flush the bulk of the mess out first.

Now the important question; is Charlie OK?
    he is doing better and back on meds, carol.. it wasnt a good day at all..

We used Ozium in the Aircraft to kill the odor
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

First concern is for Charlie. Poor guy. Hope the meds help. We learned for carpet stains is to throw all your chemicals away and use warm water to clean up stains (not sure this classifies as that). But I will tell you, since I started to do that for any dog/cat throw-ups...it is way better...completely gets the stain out, where the chemicals still leave a subtle mark. Fabreeze?

Good old boy. Charley . Jake made a mess yesterday in the shop. So seizes or not it dose happen Larry. Sorry for the experience your dealing with. TPS is a great cleaner, vinegar is a great neutralizer and hunters cover up scent blocker will mask the smell so think you probably have any of the articals at your disposal.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

well i got it cleaned up and didnt smell bad either.. had the windows open as long as i could after scrubbing with warm water and a carpet cleaner attachment.. charlie is back to his ole self and we got more meds coming. i know it takes money to look after a pet and havnt had any trouble doing it but when it comes down to 50 dollars for food and 50 for pills per month you look to lower the costs when you can because you still have shots and normal up keep stuff.. but this wont work with charlie so its just the price i will have to pay to see him wage his tail and want to play fetch and sleep along side of our bed each night

I know what you mean Larry. My German Shepard, Razz, had an enzyme missing from his digestive system causing loss of weight and diarrhea. For 14 years we put out $100.00 per month a medication called Viocase. It certainly put a dent in our budget but he was my best friend. I would of paid almost anything.
    Faith, Hope & Charity