One Big Mess:(

larry merlau

well those of you who have met charlie, know he has got eplisy and he had a seizure today in the truck while i was away.. i got a big mess on the floor to clean up.. any suggestions on how to approach it.. its a old truck so it wouldnt hurt it if i just took the hose to it but then i got the diluted stuff all over the rest of the truck floor carpet? any ideas of the best way to do this.. need to use the truck for work tomorrow and dont need to smell this all the way there and back.. HELP:(

I don't know if this will help but....... I just picked up a can of TSP from the local farm store. Most hardware stores carry the stuff. TSP is trisodiumphospate. This is the stuff that used to really get your clothes and dishes clean. You might need to google on how to use it but it is reputed to make detergents way more efficient. My sister claims it will clean and cut just about any grease or stain when added to detergents.

If its odor you want to eliminate, simply use warm soapy water and a medium stiff brush. I'd use Dawn dish washing liquid. Thorough rinse and you are good to go. Flush the bulk of the mess out first.

Now the important question; is Charlie OK?

If its odor you want to eliminate, simply use warm soapy water and a medium stiff brush. I'd use Dawn dish washing liquid. Thorough rinse and you are good to go. Flush the bulk of the mess out first.

Now the important question; is Charlie OK?

he is doing better and back on meds, carol.. it wasnt a good day at all..

First concern is for Charlie. Poor guy. Hope the meds help. We learned for carpet stains is to throw all your chemicals away and use warm water to clean up stains (not sure this classifies as that). But I will tell you, since I started to do that for any dog/cat throw-ups...it is way better...completely gets the stain out, where the chemicals still leave a subtle mark. Fabreeze?

Good old boy. Charley . Jake made a mess yesterday in the shop. So seizes or not it dose happen Larry. Sorry for the experience your dealing with. TPS is a great cleaner, vinegar is a great neutralizer and hunters cover up scent blocker will mask the smell so think you probably have any of the articals at your disposal.

well i got it cleaned up and didnt smell bad either.. had the windows open as long as i could after scrubbing with warm water and a carpet cleaner attachment.. charlie is back to his ole self and we got more meds coming. i know it takes money to look after a pet and havnt had any trouble doing it but when it comes down to 50 dollars for food and 50 for pills per month you look to lower the costs when you can because you still have shots and normal up keep stuff.. but this wont work with charlie so its just the price i will have to pay to see him wage his tail and want to play fetch and sleep along side of our bed each night:)

I know what you mean Larry. My German Shepard, Razz, had an enzyme missing from his digestive system causing loss of weight and diarrhea. For 14 years we put out $100.00 per month a medication called Viocase. It certainly put a dent in our budget but he was my best friend. I would of paid almost anything.

Larry, mom and dad had a poodle years ago they "inherited" from my oldest sister. He also had seizures. Up until the day the food he came with ran out and dad fed him Joy dogfood (which my dad sold at his station). No red pieces of dog food and he never had a seizure after being on that "cheap" food. Just a thought.

Larry, mom and dad had a poodle years ago they "inherited" from my oldest sister. He also had seizures. Up until the day the food he came with ran out and dad fed him Joy dogfood (which my dad sold at his station). No red pieces of dog food and he never had a seizure after being on that "cheap" food. Just a thought.

thats just part of it jonathan,, we put him on good food as soon as we got him to avoid the ear trouble he had when we got him, feeding nutro which is one of the top 5 foods no CORN, then switched to 4Life which is another well ranked food.. so no red in either of them.. i wish it was just food..

Larry,

The monthly wormer turned out to be one dog's source of seizures. Unfortunately it can be many things, some beyond our control, some just hard to figure out. I rescued a dust mop on Mike's land today, now I need rescued from the dust mop. I'm allergic to dogs so I have to find him a home. A vicious killer, all three or four pounds of him! He did run my cat out the back yard today, he will be very surprised when she isn't in the mood to run!

Hu

The Killer:
thekiller.jpg

We feed Starbuck (yellow lab) Blue Buffalo food. It's expensive, but she was throwing up her Science Diet food and seems to be good on this (non corn, mostly protein). Our "free" dog, Logan, that showed up on our back porch is on a special medical liver diet that is $70 for a 17 lb. bag (but he's worth it). Guess what I'm saying is we do what we need to do with all members of our family.

well charlie is in the kennel this wknd he got his stitches out and is doing fine.. but i have thought of changing foods again to see if we can beat this he is already on a corn free diet sharon:) and he will get what he needs just as anyone in my family does:)

Larry, I just saw a report on a 'all-meat' dog food that is having bad effects on the dogs. It has meat by-products, the by products being ground up inedibles like chicken feet and feathers, and heads and goodness only knows what else that can be swept up. You might do some Googling in that area as well.