Wedding Pen - WITH ENGRAVING - see my last entry

Paul Douglass

This is not complete, I have to send it off to Pete for some engraving, but I wanted to show it, just in case it gets lost in the mailing. :eek: I have the hinges ordered, hope they are useable. I ordered some small barrel hinges. I have never tried them before. I also added little magnets to the order to used to keep the lid closed. They may not be needed if the barrel hinges hold the lid closed.

This is the Triton pen hardware in a roller ball with Holly wood blanks.

I didn't do any fancy joints on the box because I wanted to keep it simple. Took me several attempts to get a decent although not perfect finish on the box. I ended up with five coats of Deft Clear Wood finish, wet sanded to 12000 grit, them polished with a plastic polish. Thank you to those on the forum that helped me with the finish. I didn't get the best job with the felt, but it will have to do.

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2299.JPG

Last edited:
Engraving

This was waiting for me at the Post Office. Engraving generously done by Pete Simmons. He does beautiful work!! When I get caught up after being gone a week +, I will add the hinges and magnet to hold the lid shut. Don't want to try it while I am rushed. Big THANK YOU to Pete for the great service, awesome product and FAST turn around. Did I say he does beautiful work??

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2314.jpg

Having seen the pen and lid up close I can say the workmanship and finish on both is beautiful.

A beautiful special gift that the couple should cherish for many years.

Glad I was able to contribute a little to the project.