That's One Tough Cat

I'm on a crusade to show people the original video, posted by the boy's father. In one day alone (yesterday), the original video had over 5 million views. And that's not counting the thousands and thousands of news station versions and all the YouTube copycats who've re-posted the video just so they can get lots of hits on their YouTube channel. :rolleyes: This has been the epitome of a viral video.

http://youtu.be/C-Opm9b2WDk

Probably for the sequel of " Karate Cat II", otherwise the shelters are playing it up to show adoptions can pay off. ;) Thats one loyal cat either way. :thumb:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

When a video goes this viral, is there some financial gain for the poster?

As I understand it, typically no, although things like paid trips to New York to be on Good Morning America do tend to happen. And if the person who posts the video is savvy, they can leverage the brief notoriety into a marketing opportunity. Although it wasn't a video per se, Grumpy Cat is an example of good marketing after accidental viral fame.

that is one dog that needs some attention.. that was a nasty bite he inflicted on the boy..

If by "attention" you mean "put down", then I agree. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a dog lover, but a dog that will attack unprovoked like that is a legal liability and a menace to society. Last I heard, the dog was under quarantine for 10 days to determine if it has rabies, and after the quarantine period is over, it will be euthanized.

Saw the video as well & was so surprised to see a cat defend its owner. Never heard of that before. New respect for cats, although may never hear of that again. Anyway - Lights out for that dog!

Growing up, Mom had a Siamese Female, that dearly loved my younger brother, it would attack anybody, that she thought was a threat to him, she definitely didn't like it when we got into a wrestling match.She was always near by and she would come to him if he whistled, Anybody else tried to call her, and she didn't act like you were even there. Cats are strange little creatures for sure.

I was standing in the shop one day, having a chat with another fellow, and my cat took right into his German Sheppard's muzzle. No provocation, but she did have kittens in the room.

You know how a cat will sometimes bring an 'offering' to it's owner, like maybe a mouse, bird, or grasshopper? We had a cat on the farm who would drop a full grown groundhog at my mother's feet ... on a regular basis. That was one tough kitty.