Thread: Back in town .....luck a ly

Back in town .....luck a ly

The last 5 weeks has been turkey season and I got skunked this year in Va. On my way home Saturday from the farm in Virginia came up on a light that was turning red I stopped I looked in the rear view mirror all I saw was this big truck, his tires were locked up smoking.there was a car in the left lane next to him there was no shoulder on the other side there was a guardrail and he was up against it and he obviously was not paying attention. the cross traffic had not started moving yet, I guess they were waiting to see me get slammed !, so I just took off. That was a close one. I wondered if a cop saw this and if I would get a ticket for running a red light. But then all I though about was putting as much distance between me and that Professional drive as possible.

Anyway ....glad I back !

Started back in on the Loon last night I can see the end is not far off.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

must be you were on that bike again huh? they are only as safe as the driver on them..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Glad you were paying more attention than the driver of the truck.

I ran a red light last week. I was sitting on the front row at an intersection when a fire truck came up behind me with lights and siren going. I had nowhere to go but forward. After confirming the intersection was clear, I bombed through and pulled over to the right as soon as I cleared the intersection. I seriously doubt a cop would ticket something like that. Same thing for the situation you were in.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Never know with Va Vaughn.

Ya Larry. When weather is permitting and the weather was awesome this past weekend
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.

Years ago I had the same experience with a cement truck. I saw he wasn't going to get stopped, checked for clearance, gunned it. It was so close that I got a small dimple in the right rear fender. The dimple was the size of a very small green pea. He got me that much before I got away from him. I pulled over and he pulled up behind me after the signal turned to green.

I did not even feel the hit though I heard it. No one was hurt. We had a little discussion and went our merry ways.

I watch my rear view mirrors at every (I hope every) stop sign. I also leave a bit of "escape" room between me and the car ahead, if there is one (in this case there was no one in front of me).

Take care and Enjoy,
    JimB
    Last edited by Jim C Bradley; 05-19-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Jim I leave 7-8 car links infront of me when riding. If the driver behind me doesn't like it they can go around.

The fickle finger let you off the hook this time. I live on a street where every other house has a Harley and am less than a mile from the closest Harley dealer....the temptation is great.