Back in town .....luck a ly

The last 5 weeks has been turkey season and I got skunked this year in Va. On my way home Saturday from the farm in Virginia came up on a light that was turning red I stopped I looked in the rear view mirror all I saw was this big truck, his tires were locked up smoking.there was a car in the left lane next to him there was no shoulder on the other side there was a guardrail and he was up against it and he obviously was not paying attention. the cross traffic had not started moving yet, I guess they were waiting to see me get slammed !, so I just took off. That was a close one. I wondered if a cop saw this and if I would get a ticket for running a red light. But then all I though about was putting as much distance between me and that Professional drive as possible.

Anyway ....glad I back !

Started back in on the Loon last night I can see the end is not far off.

Glad you were paying more attention than the driver of the truck. :thumb:

I ran a red light last week. I was sitting on the front row at an intersection when a fire truck came up behind me with lights and siren going. I had nowhere to go but forward. After confirming the intersection was clear, I bombed through and pulled over to the right as soon as I cleared the intersection. I seriously doubt a cop would ticket something like that. Same thing for the situation you were in. ;)

Years ago I had the same experience with a cement truck. I saw he wasn't going to get stopped, checked for clearance, gunned it. It was so close that I got a small dimple in the right rear fender. The dimple was the size of a very small green pea. He got me that much before I got away from him. I pulled over and he pulled up behind me after the signal turned to green.

I did not even feel the hit though I heard it. No one was hurt. We had a little discussion and went our merry ways.

I watch my rear view mirrors at every (I hope every) stop sign. I also leave a bit of "escape" room between me and the car ahead, if there is one (in this case there was no one in front of me).

Take care and Enjoy,
JimB

Last edited:
The fickle finger let you off the hook this time. I live on a street where every other house has a Harley and am less than a mile from the closest Harley dealer....the temptation is great.