Play Ground Of Hope

Stuart Ablett

I'm involved with a great group called Playground of Hope (PGoH). I've been working as an advisor and I've built some things for them, like jigs and the potable knock down crane for installing the roofs on the playset towers. I have also sped up their build process by teaching them techniques like how to level the tower bases before they build the towers, and how to easily layout the build site, as well as many simple things that most tradesmen just know from working on jobsites. Together we have taken most of the builds from a 4+ day time scale to a 2+ day time scale, that is a big difference.

Recently an international school Summerhill donated the money for a playset for a kindergarten and they also helped install it.
They made a great video of the event which you can see below.....

If you look at about the 2:41 mark you can see the crane I built in action.

It is very rewarding being involved in such a great group, they are really making a difference.

Cheers!

Stu, I apologize, I was at school and the filter must have blocked it. Sorry.
Now that I am home and can see it, wonderful Stu!!!!!!!!!!! Bet there were a lot of sore muscles the next day or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when good things happen for kids!!!

Cool COOL COOL. You da man. You not only got to facilitate the play of kids but i think you helped a few adults learn the fun of creating with their hands. There is way more to this than one can imagine at the beginning in terms of benefits. :headbang::score:

I still wish though that kids could have the childhood many of us had with the associated risks we took and overcame. But hey this is way better than building stuck in a building.

I live on the edge of farming land and driving anywhere has me passing fields some cultivated some not and other day i saw a couple of gobbers in a field facing off and few months back a whole flock and even more time before that a coyote running across a field. Well the oher day i got to think about what people growing up in high density living are missing out of in life by not being able to see nature going about her business. Pigeons just aint a substitute.

Way cool Stu.
Unfortunately, this kind of initiatives are getting more and more scarce in my country. People gathering together to work on a common philanthropic project for the good of their kids and their community, is something that should be encouraged everywhere.

All of those smiling ladies painting away to make a nice playground for their kids.

I'm sure they really apreciated your help and experiance.

You get a +10 for doing a nice thing!