New job

Some may call me crazy, but I quit the state and it's wacky prison system. Got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore. Won't go into details, but you probably get the idea.

Started at the local foundry, yep hot, very hot, but hourly pay almost doubled. Will be working a lot a weekends and holidays, but the coin is large there as well. They treat their maintenance guys pretty good and their electricians just a little better.

Look for postings of new toys soon. Maybe even a new shop in a year or so.

Congratulations Steve! Sounds like you made a good choice that will improve your enjoyment of life with a few new toys to boot! Way to go! :thumb:

Steve,

A very good friend of mine got a job working in the heat of steel. When he applied for work they asked him what job he thought he could handle. His answer was, "The one that pays the most." The job ended up on the "floor" where the molten steel was poured into the whatevers (See I know all the techie terms. I learned them from Sally, a gal I dated, her father was head of Kaiser Steel Fontana).

Anyway Rudi worked hard and saved his money. When he had enough he opened a High Fidelity music store (vinyl records, McIntosh and other sound systems, Klipsh, JBL speakers, Pickering tone arms, etc.). I don't know how well he did, however, Lee (my pseudo sister) his wife gave him a Sam Maloof rocking chair for his birthday one year.

The preceding verbage was just to encourage you to take advantage of the higher risk, higher pay job---then "Get out of Dodge."

The best of luck and the best of wishes on your new job; you worked hard to get to this point, you deserve the best!!!!

Enjoy,
JimB