Memorial Day

mike marvel

Memorial Day is a federal day to recognize and honor those that died while serving in the Armed Forces of the United States. Personally I don't like calling it a holiday. Many will have a long weekend to have family together, and barbeque or enjoy some car racing, while others, like those below will remember in different ways.
95425d1401019166-memorial-day-71735d1369498612-reality-memorial-day-tumblr_m5hrzd8nqd1rw580to1_500.jpg

95426d1401019226-memorial-day-cemetary.jpg

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Seeing the women in sorrow is so sad. So many have given so much for us. It's a shame that so many have lost the true meaning of the sacrifices by the fallen and the wounded.

As stated below: "We live in the land of the free because of the brave."

Been to so many of those funerals... Pulled pallbearer/flag presenter duty at over 200 of them while on active duty. You never get used to them, and the dealing with grief. It's an honor to participate, but still a horrible duty.

So, yeah, Memorial Day has a special meaning to me.

For so many, it's just National BBQ Day. For the rest of us, it's something entirely different.

Semper Fidelis!

There is a memorial service at our town cemetery. One lone bagpiper, honor guard, and a bunch of veterans and appreciative town folk. Very moving.

Our town cemetery is the final resting place for those who served from our town from the Revolutionary war , Civil War, World Ward I & II, Korea, Vietnam, to Iraq. A real "Band of Brothers".

Friday night, the 30th, is the local parade.