It's so dark...and what is that red glow...

nice grab..............on the way home from running some errands today, I saw a pile of logs tossed at the street from someone in the area.
I stopped the car, (my wifes car), and my wife yelled out the window, no way that's going in my clean car.
didn't look that nice, so I kept driving.
I need to find bowl blanks.

Congrats now how about variable speed :)...

Although I have no doubt Darren has the engineering chops to put together a nice EVS system, I personally don't think it would be worth the investment on an old Sears tube-bed lathe. Sort of like putting a Corvette engine in a '74 Chevy Vega.

Although I have no doubt Darren has the engineering chops to put together a nice EVS system, I personally don't think it would be worth the investment on an old Sears tube-bed lathe. Sort of like putting a Corvette engine in a '74 Chevy Vega.

Dont temp me...I helped a friend put a tune port from a corvette into a chevy love. It could pull 8 seconds in the quarter mile running the stock chip. ;-)

Cool. You should be in business now. :thumb: A little late on this one, but for future reference, I'd recommend a smaller face plate, made from aluminum. The cast iron will rust if attached to wet or damp wood, and can stain the wood if left attached for any length of time. And as far as size goes, I use 3" face plates most of the time, and have turned heavy 18" diameter pieces with one that size. That size is plenty stable as long as you're using good screws. The bigger plates can sometimes get in the way.

Cool. You should be in business now. :thumb: A little late on this one, but for future reference, I'd recommend a smaller face plate, made from aluminum. The cast iron will rust if attached to wet or damp wood, and can stain the wood if left attached for any length of time. And as far as size goes, I use 3" face plates most of the time, and have turned heavy 18" diameter pieces with one that size. That size is plenty stable as long as you're using good screws. The bigger plates can sometimes get in the way.

Good info, guess I do have free returns with Amazon. ;)