noone will notice this

allen levine

no one comes in my office, I don't let them.
im supposed to clean it, I don't that often, the reason theres always dust. I get around to it eventually.(im making excuses for the dusty printer)
I needed a printer stand, the last one fell apart, so I made one from all the leftover cut down sheet goods.wanted it to match the built in cabs I put in.
I hope no one notices I had to put the sides of cherry ply with horizontal grain, not vertical grain.
Couldn't cut it any other way, and did not want to buy a sheet of cherry ply. Not for this.
Its on castors, (hf, on sale, then used 25% off coupon on one of them, I think they were 1.89 each good enough for this)
On castors, its easier to get in the back and clean up the dust on all the wiring.

its tucked in corner, no one will notice the grain of the sides. right?
I don't want anyone to think I haven't been doing anything lately.

Attachments

• 100_1712.jpg
    100_1712.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
You mean printers are not suppose to have that amount of dust on them! I thought they came that way, can't remember mine with out it! Nothing wrong with that cabinet. It hold the printer off the ground.

Grain? What grain? I thought those were specially crafted dust lines. Nice job Allen!

PS: I never buy a printer unless it already has dust. Otherwise it won't work properly! :rofl:

Like Larry says, it's for your own use. Whatever works. Besides, you made good use of expensive ply that might otherwise have gone to a landfill.

I'm shocked, shocked I say! I thought everyone knew that wood grain is supposed to run diagonally on printer stand cabinets. It's common knowledge. For you to fly in the face of standard practice is simply appalling! :rofl:

No direct relationship between what I am going to say and this thread. On the other hand I think you might see a parallel.

When I was in Junior High school I worked in a stationery store. I was a stationery store, however its main customer appeal was repair of office machinery---typewriters, etc.

I did typewriter and calculator repair. Now we get to the point. I think some where between 85 and 90 percent of our typewriter repair work was caused by dust (mainly eraser dust where the typist erased a misspelling on the typed document). Dust would gum up the works. The typewriter kept being used until it was unusable then taken to the repair shop.

I remember seeing the first really portable calculator. It was made by Marchant. It only weighed Eighteen pounds so an engineer could take it into the field with him---and boy, did they hate dust.

Enjoy,
JimB