Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: this is why I like her

this is why I like her

I didn't want to push my wife at all, shes been through a lot of medical stuff this past 3 weeks ending in surgery on Friday.
    the 15% off Jet products ends today or tomorrow, and I had mentioned the tool I wanted was 15% off, but it was a big price tag.
    She logged onto her amazon account, and said happy fathers day, and my kids will come over(mainly my son) on fathers day and help assemble it, that's all the fathers day gift I need.(some people have barn raisings, Ill have a lathe raising, complete with ribeye steaks and all the trimmings. should be a nice day)
    I got the jet1642 evs lathe, not sure where its going to fit, and how soon I will be able to have some time to play with it, but saving 350 and free shipping, what the heck.
    Its scheduled to be here in around 10 days. Not sure how Ill get it from the street to my garage, hopefully a dolly will handle it or Ill give the driver 20 bucks to get it into the garage.
    Im happy.
    (Im sure my bil and maybe Ill get my nephew here to help my son lift the heavy parts)

guess Im going to have to learn how to sharpen gouges now.
    Last edited by allen levine; 06-01-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    Human Test Dummy

A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Congratulations! I'm sure you are going to love that lathe. I looked at them, don't really need a new lathe, but I kind of miss a bigger lathe. But, I was strong, which means I am broke, and resisted the temptation! I do think it was kind of hard of you to mention such a thing when your wife is weak from surgery!!!
    "We the People ......"

Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

this is why I like her

Bravo and congrats!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Its raining lathes around here lately

I'm betting you'll have a lot of fun on this one!

Ill get my hands on a sharpening system and practice with my hf tools until I get the hang of it.
    I don't expect to be doing much turning this summer, as my son's list of furniture and built ins is getting larger by the minute.
    I need to find a source of some large chunks of wood for bowl turning, should be some experience.
    Human Test Dummy

Here you go Allen. I built one of these out of wood since I was too cheap to buy one since I hardly do any turning. This video is from our own Stu.

Congratulations Allen and big hugs to the missus. You're going to enjoy that gift.

She's the best Allen
    Faith, Hope & Charity