this is why I like her

room is very tight, remember the famous Randi Merlau line, when she saw my garage, she said, wow, even my sewing room is bigger than here.
And I hate tools sitting around not being used, it could be sold and the cash put to much better use, like purchasing gouges, and other supplies.

and I had to put the 1220 out of reach now, its basically stored, so if I wanted to use it, Id have to start moving tools and making room even tighter.

Im not a real turner, I do it for fun, recreation, I don't have intentions of starting one bowl after another and needing time for pens, wont happen.
I purchased the bigger lathe so I have the option of now and then turning a larger project, and I usually do pen work in spurts.
I wont make a pen for 4 months, then Ill make 15 of them all in the same week.

its a costly hobby. Theres no end. and flat work isn't cheap either. (gotta go get ply for cabinets today, gonna run me 500 bucks to start my sons office)

Last edited:
5 hours of cabinet making today, in that overcrowded small shop with AC not helping much, I think my days of being referred to as a machine are over. A broken down machine, yeah, but my speed is down to snail level.
Once I had enough I left the garage, and found a nice surprise waiting at my door.
1/2 inch bowl gouge

Attachments

• gouge.jpg
    gouge.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 23
I opened up the ac unit today, took the front off, the filter was so clogged, but the metal vent in front, coated thick with wet muck/sawdust.
A thorough cleaning provided great results, the air was much colder blowing out of the unit.
Im going to have to clean the filter every day in the summer.