A bit under the weather here

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
As many of you know, I have a very fragile back. It is barking at me badly at the moment. I am on the list for an MRI later this week. So my apologies if my posts seem to bark at you.

Sorry to hear this Carol but bark away I like the medicine to be straight up and neat , no sugar coating or the message don't sink in for me. :rofl: Aint seen where you think you have been barking though.

Oh and just for some feedback i tried out your blue Aleve capsules for reasons i dont understand or care they worked this time around. I had one of my most active pain-free weekends in months or even longer. Linda thought the energizer bunny had visited our home. Had tried it before with no benefit at all. Sure was nice to be getting things done without the aggro associated with nagging knee pain.

Last edited:
Speaking from experience(2 back surgeries for shattered disks), you know you are your best judge as to when you've pushed yourself a bit too much.
YOur back will, without a doubt, always repay you, there is no forgiveness with your back.

Time for a lot of rest.

Haven't heard any barking from you. But my back has been barking at me for the past few days. Losing 60 pounds would help a bunch and am trying to do some healthier eating to maybe get rid of some of my gut. Moved my new lathe, then put my old lathe back on a bench and then the lathe from Paul I put on the bench so a lot of lifting and carrying that I never considered a problem before, but now seems to be a little more of a struggle. With my blood thinners I can't take a lot of pain medicine for my back. I am toughing it out for the most part and take what they allow when straightening up to stand causes me to lose my breath or make fireworks go off behind my eyes. Quit working in the shop today at 2:30 due to back aching but did get the North third of my shop vacuumed, polished, straightened and stuff sorted and thrown away.

Aw, c'mon, you lightweight! Rub some dirt on it and walk it off. You'll be fine! :rolleyes: :rofl:

From one member of the Bad Back Club to another: Rest up deeply, heal up quickly, and bark however much you need. :thumb:

Tried a TENS unit? I have several collapsed/collapsing discs, and have found that the TENS therapy helps. I carry mine with me just about everywhere I go.

Walk it off. If only I could. Right now I can't take a deep breath. Waiting on call back from the MRI clinic. Never had had one done on this. After the accident,13 years ago, everyone refused to consider anything except soft tissue damage. Not true as the years went by. Have to find another really good chiropractor. Also waiting on a call back from my acupuncturist. After the accident she was the most helpful. Finding a really good chiropractor who is more interested in my back than the state of my checkbook is becoming more than annoying.

What really bugs me is that aside from sitting on my tush and writing for hours each day, I haven't done any other thing that should have set this off. I take hourly breaks and do my exercises for my back, my hands and wrists, and my eyes. I have been very careful making sawdust and use all sorts of mechanical advantages for lifting and such. That's why I bought Big John. But this snuck through somehow. I can get downright cranky when I am in pain and right now the pain is about a 7 and nothing touches it. This keeps up and the level in my hooch bottle is going to bottom out.

So my apologies if my posts seem to bark at you.

Bark at us? Is that a tree joke? Leaf it to you; you wood start a thread that has roots in our favorite subject and stems from your life experiences. Well I figure these puns will go against the grain so I will bow out. Yew know; not my cup of tea. I don't mean to put a twist on things but I am gonna spring outta here.

So many people have this problem, and no medical solution to FIX it perminantly.

What could God have been thinking?

They can FIX eyesight with Lasic, but not this?

Somebody needs to start a March of dollars for this.

Where is Jerry Lewis when you need him.

btw--he suffers from the same thing from a prat fall in the early 1960's

(that's why I mentioned it)

Good Luck and Heal Up Quickly.

Bark at us? Is that a tree joke? Leaf it to you; you wood start a thread that has roots in our favorite subject and stems from your life experiences. Well I figure these puns will go against the grain so I will bow out. Yew know; not my cup of tea. I don't mean to put a twist on things but I am gonna spring outta here.

Glenn, apparently you are a poet
and don't know it.
But your feet do,
them are long fellas! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:v

And to think I fathered that!

I haven't any idea where he got that way.

Enjoy,
JimB