Little job , Larry

See larry I do a small job ounce in a while. :) The addition is only 12 x 18. Did reside the house and the garage. Of Corse I'm doing every aspect of this from the framing, shingling, elec, sheetrock, texturing walls and ceiling. Painting, trim, Hardwood floors. Well you get the idea, everything. :thumb: OBTW I did get the rock hung and first coat of mud on today.005 (800x600).jpg001 (800x600).jpg002 (800x600).jpg004 (800x600).jpg
Steve
By the way this house was built in 1928.

Last edited:
hey on the left corner the siding doesnt match well on the 6th and 7th course also the ceiling framong and wall studs are to straight according to what i saw when i was down there and you showed me the way things are done in tennesee:) looks great steve those jobs that you do all of or are in control off all of it turn out well!! or the worker is gone..

I couldn't do such a little job, my eyesight is getting worse everyday. ;):D

Jokes apart, that is a BIG! job, and well executed as well. Congratulations!

Larry your right when I have the say, it's gonna be right or there gonna be gone. Tony this is a small job compared to what I've doing the last number of years. Darren If you were to see under the house you would believe it. The main support beams are all hand hued logs. They also had a mason come in and re do a lot of the mortar. It was in such bad shape you could rake it out of the joints with your fingers. Now Vaughn you saying I'm to old to do all this in one day.:rofl: Well ya your probably right as much as I hate to admit it.:D
Rennie I'll try to remember to bring my camera. Bill thanks.

Stephen I like that siding can you tell me what it is? Brandname or something to identify it? Stupid question from me the non builder, in the residing did you cover over the bricks in the front ? If you were to be asked to side a house with bricks would you take them down or go over them? Just trying to edumacate myself :)

Stephen I like that siding can you tell me what it is? Brandname or something to identify it? Stupid question from me the non builder, in the residing did you cover over the bricks in the front ? If you were to be asked to side a house with bricks would you take them down or go over them? Just trying to edumacate myself :)

Rob, The siding is " foundry weathered 7" split shake" (828) This stuff ain't cheap as it goes for 300.00 a sq. No the gables were stucco, and were in bad shape. As far as siding a brick home, first off I can't see anyone wanting to Vinyl over brick. :huh: If for some reason I ever ran into that I would insist on taking down the brick. Now most of these old brick homes the brick don't run up into the gables, so that is what we end up covering up with siding. The back of this home had brick from the left ( in pic) over to that old addition. So yes I did tear off that brick as it needed to go so I could add on to the house. Hope I didn't ramble to much for ya. ;):D