Can't start this darn thing

Bob Gibson

Need some help here guys. The wife told me to vacuum the house today while she was shopping and I can't get this running.

I am going to be in real big trouble :tantrum::chair:

Last edited:
Hey Bob, I think you'll need to download and upload the picture for it to show. Seems to be linked to an account that requires an id and password to view.

Last time my wife asked me to vacuum, I couldn't figure the darn machine out either, yet she makes it look so easy when she does it.......and she can't figure out how to take a fish off a hook.

So she does the vacuuming and I take the fish of the hook......seems to be working. So Mote It Be!

foot switch or a switch on the handle, also there is a place that you can change from smooth floor or carpet.. then push pull the thing around to make the patter show up and she will bake you a cake:)

My decades of bachelorhood are showing . . . I find this hilarious :rofl:. In your defense, home vacuum designers do seem to go over the top when deciding where to locate the controls. Like Larry said, some are a foot switch, some on the handle, some in from of the handle, some only turn on once the handle has been leaned back into he operator position and yes, there is electricity involved.

I guess they didn't delete the thread fast enough, we're all on a roll now :D.

one thing about it glenn,, we knew bob had a good handle on his woodworking and now we can help him out in the house keeping department.. maybe we should have a sub forum for the latest tricks and updates on the best methods for house keeping ideas and products:) yup bob we KYWD:)

What I was trying to insert was a short video of an older guy using the retractable power cord on the vacuum cleaner like a pull starter on a chain saw. Funny as heck:rofl:

You guys are wise (coc friendly) butts :rofl:

Last edited:
My decades of bachelorhood are showing . . . I find this hilarious :rofl:. In your defense, home vacuum designers do seem to go over the top when deciding where to locate the controls. Like Larry said, some are a foot switch, some on the handle, some in from of the handle, some only turn on once the handle has been leaned back into he operator position and yes, there is electricity involved.

I guess they didn't delete the thread fast enough, we're all on a roll now :D.

Thank goodness I don't have to get that acquainted with a vacuum cleaner.

Enjoy,
JimB

I was told that I should pitch in to help and to do the laundry about 40 years ago. She has never asked me again. Actually, she told me never, ever to touch her washing machine again.;););):D

Some nonsense about washing darks and whites together.:huh::D

Well now that Charles's instructional video got you "started", perhaps your wife will reconsider your doing the wash. Heck, what could go wrong now?