Death by mower ? naaaaa :)

Needed to cut the grass yesterday after work and I passed over this small area and look at it , seemed a bit out of place and uncovered a small group of little ones. 1.5" lower and bloodshed , 6 in all one is buried under the group. I removed them with all the nesting materials and placed them under my canoe in the back where mama has a lounging hole scratched out. This morning she had them all nestled in nicely. Out of the middle of my yard.

Happens a lot. Mowers are also a great snake eliminator. But title of thread caused me some angst. Last year my son had a nearly fatal roll-over accident with a ztr mower. I feared you were reporting something similar. :(

Wow, close trim. :eek:

I raked some out of one of beds a couple weekends back cleaning up leaves, so gathered them up and put them back. I saw a couple of them following momma this last weekend.

You people with all the wild life are very lucky! When I was a kid, there were tons of Jack rabbits around. Now I get excited just to see one. We have a few cottontails, but the Magpies and coyotes keep the population way down. I HATE MAGPIES! Pheasants use to be abundant and quail. The have been greatly diminished, thanks in large to the Magpies eating their eggs. We do have a few deer that have moved in. That is very exciting.

Last edited:
I had a couple nightmares (probably will tonight too :doh:) after I ran over a nest like that when I was around 10yrs old with a rider mower. It was pretty ugly scene for someone that age. :( Glad this one had a better outcome! :thumb: