Five Talents June 12 Update

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Amid all the back pain, there has been a bit of progress at Five Talents.

Last week Kevin the engineer completed his drawing for the septic system. Today Luke the driller came out to drill 9 holes so the perc tests could be done. That will commence over the next few days, I hope. So far everything turned up dry. Some sand. Some various degrees of decomposed granite which is good. Rock down around 17 feet. Quite a few possible meanings here. Will have to wait until the perc tests are done.

On the other hand, after September, there will be new rules in effect for septic systems here. What that means is that a few hundred more square feet of buildable space may be possible. Translation: shop space.

Official mode at the moment? Waiting! :D

Drilling.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. :thumb: Good to see things are progressing. And I hope your back is improving.

BTW, it's spelled "perc" test (as in percolation). I've participated in some of them back with I was working in the geotesting biz. ;)

I saw the pic before i read the post so i thought you were drilling for oil LOL. Then i thought nope Rob there aint oil in California so what about water. Thats when i read your post. Good luck with the results, hope its all tickety boo. I can only have good thoughts for you back at this stage cannot relate to back pain. Good to see you managing to get some progress going under the circumstances.