Nova 6034 Pen Jaws.... Video

Stuart Ablett

Just a quick video up to show these new (to me) Nova Pen jaws, I think I'll get some use out of them for sure.

I recently did a turning Demo for the JWA and as I actually got paid for this event, I've decided to push that money right back into turning tools etc, I've ordered a few more jaws and other stuff for my Nova lathe as well, I'll try to do a review on that stuff when it arrives as well.

Cheers!

Nice video, Stu. I'd not heard of nor seen the pen jaws. I'll have to look into a pair once I get back together with my shop.

I've not used them much yet, but so far I like them.

I just wanted to share with everyone that I got an email from Tara at Teknatools USA apologizing for the burrs on some of the edges of the jaws I reviewed in the video, and asking if there is anything they can do to resolve the issue. I replied that it took all of 5 mins with my rotary tool to remove the burrs and not to worry. So thank you to Tara at Teknatool, sometimes stuff happens, what matters is how you respond, I'd say Teknatools has responded very well.

Cheers!

Those are pretty popular. I have spigot jaws I keep on my Barracuda that function about the same. The other cool toy in the shop is a collet chuck for more giggles!

The other chinese two screw jaws you showed were a foursome. I wonder if two sets of the pen jaws would fit on the nova chuck in a similar way, or is that not any better?