Quiet?

Spring fever's been keeping me picking away at the 'to_do & 'want_to' list... hope you've enjoyed the peace & quiet :wave:

Started out 'inside', after some tips from our 'Dave Hawksford' on changing some of our trim color....turned out darker than we planned due to my fault during stain mixing, but we're definitely happy with the outcome.

before......................after
mini-01.jpgmini-02.jpg

Then the outdoor stuff started... first biz was cleaning up after a strong wind knocked over part of our firewood stash and took out a few sections of fencing...sorry no after pix but it's all good now.

mini-000.jpgmini-000a.jpg

Then it was tool time...picked up a maintenance abused mini-tiller for $25.00 off of Craigslist. Rebuilt the carb and cleaned/lubed the trans, new filter & plug and away she went at the working up the garden and flower beds....tough little bugger, I'll say!

Mini_Tiller.jpg

Also dug out the 19 year old mower my M.I.L. used up until she passed, and gave it thorough going over, even waxed it...don't know why as we have a 4 yr old 6hp that's been a beaut, but she looks purdy in the shed :D

Refresh.jpg

More to come....Please hold your comments for a few moments{maybe more, as I type as fast as I work...aka>sloooow}, it will save you from having to post laughter or head-shaking more than once :rofl:

Sooo, I was gifted a window from a neighbor and thought I'd throw in the shop, well it sat there for a year before I decided where it would end-up...any_hoo, the shop beat out the hunting camp so I tore into it... just some shots for proof lol....My shop has 2 layers of 5/8th's drywall which really helps keep the noise down, sure made a mess of the shop, but man what a difference in lighting....

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

More yet to come....

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 42
Which lead to some needed maintenance on the exterior of the shop....Stain & paint time...

Last pic explains why the bird houses weren't removed at the time...
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

You may have noticed the small fencing, that's my 'stockyard railing' LOL, the 2 neighbor houses to the south of me also have dogs, and we decided to open up the fencing between yards to give them some leg stretching room....which has worked out great for us{wife & I} as all 4 dogs don't {ahem} fertilize our yard at all...:D

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

one more post...I swear :eek:

Wow you sure have been busy eh!.
Love the way the shop came out amazing what a bit of stain can do. The gate is really great.
I can relate to the two layers of 5/8 drywall. I do have mixed feelings on windows in shops after my last shop. I think you nailed it with size and location.
In my previous shop i put 3 large 5x6 windows in one side and corner and while providing great view to see out and lots of natural light, it gobbled up valuable wall space. Next time its over head for me or like you have done high up windows keep em narrow and go full length.
Well done Ken i particularly like your tiller recovery.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Great improvements, Ken! :thumb: A busy time indeed. So what did you do the next day? :rofl:

Seriously, looks like you've been very productive. Nice work all around...the shop paint job and the gate stand out in particular. :clap: Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Certainly no idle hands to get you in trouble, Ken! I'm envious of your industriousness!!! Not that I haven't been a little busy, but there's busy then there's insane! :bonkers: