Mad Bomber

Ted Calver

Staff member
My wife has arthritis, and to keep her hands functioning spends a lot of time knitting and crocheting. She must be getting desperate for projects 'cause this is what she did to the speed limit sign out front. Called 'Yarn Bombing'. it does look better than the 4x4, but I bet the neighborhood kids will have it as a souvenir before long.
yarn bombing 025.jpg

Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors. :D

I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.

in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.

Thanks all. This was a temporary change of pace from her primary mission...selling suggestive pot holders on ETSY...with tan being the most popular color.
Look on the bright side, Ted. I could have been multiple pairs of socks for you in those colors. :D
Leg warmers for acrobatic guitar players...they will sell like hotcakes!

I'd wear them, but only if they came with a matching hat!

A couple of years ago I got loml to make me a "klien bottle" hat; it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped but is still pretty cool... if you're into that sort of thing.
I had to look that one up and am keeping it in reserve for an "I don't have anything to do" moment.

in my local village, theyd probably fine someone for doing that insisting public property is not to be messed with, even if you make it more appealing.
I don't think anyone will touch it, its looks nice.
If the sign police come after her, we will remove the yarn and I'll spindle turn a replacement post out of eastern red cedar....we will never surrender!

There is a STOP sign a half a block from my house. I think it would look really neat improved like that. You could write-off the trip to California as a medical expense if she came and fixed up the sign. Enjoy (I did),JimB
I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...one stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie:)

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a cross country yarn bombing trip for her...once stop sign in every town along the way until she sees the Pacific. We can retire on the royalties from the book and movie:)

That is a capital idea! I'm thinking something akin to Kesey's Furthur bus but with a mad gaggle of Yarn Bombers and .. not sure on the vehicle yet, I do have a school bus if you're interested though, it would need some fixin and decorating :D

She could do my mailbox post! In fact, you could visit FWW members across the county and decorate a post at each stop. Take pictures, write the journal and be on TV! She could be famous - or infamous. :rofl: Just think of all the wonderful people you would meet and the good food you would be served along the way. Start a kick-starter campaign and raise the money for fuel and you are on your way! I'd contribute!