Branding Iron???

Al Launier

Have any of you tried this Branding Iron? If so, your thoughts please. Seems like a decent tool with about the smallest font one could expect for this application.

I bought ONE from Rockler.

I have made and sold several since then.

Nice thing about the ones I make is that I work with the customer to make them exactly what they want.

I have no idea what you are looking at - so maybe a picture or a link would help.

I bought ONE from Rockler.

I have made and sold several since then.

Nice thing about the ones I make is that I work with the customer to make them exactly what they want.

I have no idea what you are looking at - so maybe a picture or a link would help.

Leo, what do yours look like? I'm not looking for a "professional" model as I only do "casual WW & do not sell what I make for income. Just thought a BI with small fonts would add a nice touch to the things I do make as gifts.

I've got the one you linked to, my FIL got it for me for Xmas one year. It works good, just rarely use it. I think I've branded my living room furniture and the nephew's rockers with it, probably will use it on the high chairs, but was thinking of just having some of the round disks laser engraved and can install them using a forstner bit too. I kind of wish my current one has a web URL on it, but got it long before I even had a website.

Both of those appear to be the same iron. They're like the one I have, which gets plenty hot; takes a few minutes but doesn't burn up anything.

I would suspect they are the same. As far as I know, Rockler doesn't make anything themselves...they re-brand or re-badge products from a variety of manufacturers.

And yes, 125 watts should be enough power as long as you're not trying to do production line work. :thumb:

Don't know if you've seen this site, but they have a lot of branding products. (Some are pretty pricey, though.)

http://www.brandingirons.com/electric.html

Mine are torch heated. I have not been able to find a source for the electric heater for a branding iron.

I am not trying to advertise here, as I understand the NO commercial part of the COC rules.

finished-1.jpgfinished-2.jpg

JB-3.jpgJB-Finished-2.jpg

Ken-1.jpgken-2.jpg

TJ-1.jpgTJ-2.jpg

I hope you don't kick me out for letting you know I make and sell stuff.

I promise not to advertise.

Perhaps I should not have said anything about the branding irons.

You did ask to see what I can do with branding irons - so these are one's I have make so far.

BTW ---- I still do not have a source for the electric heater ---- If anyone knows of or finds a source --- I would be more than happy to know, and even be willing to do a little learning at some sort of discount -- BUT - I am NOT going to advertise anything.