Back Update

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
In short, much better! Sill spending time in the back brace but the pain level is way down. Have a ways to go before adjustments will take and hold, but I am more mobile and more comfortable. Outlook on life is 1000% better,

Thanks for thoughts and prayers. They help a lot, so don't quit on me now! :)

Hold up on that trampoline, Art. I am not out of the woods yet. I just am not in constant pain and the pain I do have (too much) is more manageable. Meds help. I am several weeks away from doing 'normal' things. I got the laundry done and a little grocery shopping. I am back to writing a little better. So I am hopeful - and darned careful!

I look out the window at the shade structure parts, Big John, and the old TS that followed me home yesterday, and wish I could be out there being productive. My friend Phil did the heavy lifting. I did take some measurements of the old saw and did some background work on it.

The plan is to take an old (50's to early 70's) inexpensive TS and recreate it into an extremely useful and accurate home shop TS for pennies on the dollar. This project is part of the book I am working on. I found a late 60's vintage Rockwell Homecraft saw, minus the fence and miter gauge, locally for $25. Bearings are good and the top has 3/4" wide miter slots. A good beginning.

Nihn Shepherd here shared his shop-make fence system with me. I re-drew it in SketchUp sourcing readily available parts and, in the end, with all the bells and whistles (or as many as a person would want to have) end with a more than function T-square TS fence with sliding faces. Sort of a marriage between a Biesemeyer and an old Delta Uni-fence.

Now I am working on the drawings for the rolling cabinet it will live in. When it is finished and fully photographed and videoed for the book project, I will raffle it off. And plan a road trip to deliver it!

Good to hear Carol. I can't tell you how much a spa helps me with the battle against father time.

Hey, don't blame me. All I did was have you and put up with you forever. However, Father Time can't abdicate. If I did I wouldn't have such special computer service. Guess you are stuck with old Father Time.

Carol, Play nice and get your back back. And

Enjoy,
JimB

Yeah! A spa is one of the great inventions along with garbage disposers, dishwashers, houses, automobiles, etc. At night a short dip relaxes me so I sleep faster and better. In the morning it gets all of the moving parts moving a whale of a lot quicker.

Last edited: