High Chair Project

If you have a dog, there's no need for the railing, & just lay the chair down after the kid has ate :D

My brother used to take chair, kid, mess and all out on the patio and hose everything off. Especially after spaghetti, which they loved. No dog. Kids loved it and it worked in Phoenix most of the year.

Well, I did the first lamination today for one arm. Looking like they will turn out as planned. They may be a bit narrow since I'll need to do a little clean up of the squeeze out, but will just have to wait to see how they look as they are a bit thicker than originally planned.

2015-02-08 15.11.32.jpg

Before taking the first arm out of the mould, I screwed down the smaller half and removed the clamps. This allowed me to clean up one side with a hand plane.
2015-02-10 20.08.30.jpg 2015-02-10 20.09.54.jpg 2015-02-10 20.12.59.jpg

I've got some clean-up to do on it, but very happy with the result. I've already got another one cooking.
2015-02-10 20.16.58.jpg

It's been a little too cold to be out in the shop for the last week, but noticed that my table tops have warped since I did the recesses on them. Looks like I'll be re-doing these, probably will follow the rules and do some alternating grains on the next set and maybe a little thicker to boot. I might be able to cut these and glue up again, but they are already a little thinner than I would like.

2015-02-15 19.16.41.jpg

On a more positive note, I did the second arm out of the mould and cleaned up, and have a perfect match to the first one. I flattened one side with the hand plane, then ran the other sides through the planner, then did a final pass on the side that was hand planed, both cleaned up really nice (pics later).

Got back to working on the tables today.

Turned some spacers on the lathe. These go between the back uprights and the arms
2015-05-02 18.46.33.jpg

Got the arms cut for size and edges rounded over.
2015-05-02 19.11.18.jpg

Got one of the two tables cut out, rounded over, sanded, and sealed today.
2015-05-02 19.14.19.jpg

Final coats of lacquer going on...
2015-05-03 19.25.37.jpg

My daughter was at the park the other day with our grandson and a lady came up with her son and said "they look like they're about the same age", my daughter replied, "yeah, he just turned one", as he was the same size as her son. She quietly replied, "Oh, he just turned two" and quietly walked away. :)

He's going to be a big help around here. :D
2015-04-26 23.31.25.jpg

Get him on the ride on as soon as possible. Then u dont have to do grass. Lol

Pfft...they have start out pushing the mower and earn the ride on. My brother and I spent our summers mowing our own 2.5 acres around the house with two push mowers. One, it kept us busy with mom and dad at work, two, it kept us out of each other's hair and from killing one another since it took us a couple of different days to get it done. About the time my brother was working and I was still at home, dad let me start using the ride on since I had to do it all myself.