jet 1220 vs lathe with bed extension

allen levine

If anyone is in the area, Im not shipping this. I have the jet 1220 vs lathe for sale.
the bed extension is part of the deal. No tools with it.
Im looking for 450 dollars for both, which I think is very fair.

shoot me a pm.

you have to pick up here in Nassau county.

What's the price new? Good condition = 50-60%. Great condition = 60+%. Go to the AAW site and look for turning clubs in your area. You may find a taker there, not to mention many woodturning junkies more than willing to help out a newbie.

Personally I think you are at the correct price. For some reason used tools don't get the resale value I think they should. I lucked out on two lathes I sold, and got what I paid for them, but only because new ones had gone up around 25% since I purchased them.

I haven't done any advertising except here.
Im sure Ill be able to sell it if I make an effort to advertise it.
when I get back next week, I want to make some calls, I might know a few people around here who might be interested, or they know someone wh omight be interested.

I'm not real up to speed on used lathe prices, but I think your price may be a bit low. As Carol mentioned, 50% to 60% of new price is generally a good ballpark for used tools, but for some popular/desirable models, it can be closer to 70% to 75%. The Jet 1220 VS is a very popular/desirable lathe, so unless yours looks pretty beat up, I think $450 might be a bit light. (Particularly if you list it somewhere like Craigslist, where buyers will often try to haggle on the price. Setting a higher asking price gives you more wiggle room in the event of any negotiations.)

not getting any hits or interest. I thought I had it sold by word of mouth locally, but he only wanted the lathe, not the extension, and I didn't want to separate yet.
My rock bottom price is 400.

So road trip to John's! Perfect solution! I know that little sports buggy of yours is short on space, but hey, a family visit, time with another turner, an exchange of fine dinner ,fine conversation and a new home for your lathe. What's not to like? Did you not say you were planning a loop to air out the car and your head and wanted to visit folks along the way? So head to John's first to unload the lathe and then head to Larry's, etc.

Win, win!

I would snap it up in a heartbeat but its too long a drive to collect. :) ......Now the rebel in me would love to get out of dodge right now but i got too much on the go to do that. Any chance of a raincheck. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We made the decision today to take elens car on our trip to the west of here, figured if anyone wanted to meet me somewhere a lot closer to them, Id bring it along.
Today, just now, I sold it.
A guy from south New Jersey drove all the way up this morning for it.
This is what he uses it for. Lures for striped bass.(those aren't his lures)
nice guy, hope it gives dozens of years of good service.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 17