question for you coin collectors..

larry merlau

have got 4 coins that i need a value put to.

liberty head, with eagle and brush on the back, 5$ gold piece 1850 good condition
indian head, with eagle no brush on the back, 5$ gold piece 1915 excellent condition
large liberty head 1 cent piece,1855 good condition
indian head, with eagle no brush on the back 10$ dollar gold piece excellent condition

thanks for the help in this

these arent my coins, they belong to person that isnt in control of things anymore.. and i am just trying to get a broad idea of value have done some net surfing and i need to do some more detail looking.. but from what i see so far a little coin purse could be worth more than just pocket change:) as for finding a jar or getting ;ucky in cards i am not that person ken never have done well in the luck department but i was watched over this week in the weather department had just enough warning to get a roof covered before a major storm hit.. no leaks the next mourning:) just a few aches and pains:)

You need to get them appraised. Condition is everything !!! What you may think excellent condition is not necessarily a collector thinks. If the coin has been circulated it's worth much, much, less than an uncirculated coin.

I was an avid collector of US coins for many years. The big value I see is the gold coins. Gold coins were illegal for many years and the majority of them were melted down by the Govt. So the ones you have may be worth more than their weight in gold.

Bring them to several appraisers or coin shops and get a feeling of what you have.