One of THOSE days!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Feeling some better and given a light green light to try normal activities. So the plan was to put Big John on the trailer. It will be easier to work on when I get to that point and it was in the way where it was.

So first move Bruiser out of the way. Dead battery. :mad:

Goal: Find the battery charger. Put on the back brace and start hauling stuff out of the basement of the MH. Of course, the charger was deep in. Took a half an hour to put things back together. Got the charger on the battery. I was done for the day. (Yesterday.)

OK. New day today. Moved Bruiser. Took the tarp off Big John. Flat tire. :mad: Jacked up the tractor and remove the tire and wheel. Took tire to tire shop. 45 minutes later and $15 and I am back home putting the tractor back together. Went to start the tractor. Yup. Dead battery. :mad:

Put the charger on and went on to have lunch. Took on some more mundane jobs. Had chiropractor appointment. Came home. Battery is charged. Plenty of daylight left. Started the tractor and moved it out. Put the truck back.

Put the hitch on the car and hooked up the trailer. Set up the ramps. Back is doing fine so far. Lined up the ramps and went to start the tractor to run it up the ramps. It ran 20 seconds and ran out of gas! :mad:

No gas can. Downloaded the 20% code for HF. Buttoned everything up here and headed across town. Picked up the can and went to get gas. Came home and put gas in the tractor. Relined up the ramps. Started the tractor and ran it up onto the trailer. And parked on a corner of the tarp I wanted to cover it with. :mad:

Grabbed a corner of the tarp and backed down the ramps until the tarp came free. Pulled the tractor up, parked and locked the brakes. Backed the trailer into place and tarped everything down.

And true to Murphy's idiom that everything takes longer and costs more, I finally came indoors, washed up and then noticed that I missed the only TV program I care to watch all week long. NCIS.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow. Back is fine with all this. My state of mind, on the other hand, is a bit peeved. And I'm hungry.

Oh! And Bruiser has a fuel leak I have to get to the bottom of soonest! :mad:

Last edited:
The Toil

You know what they say about idle hands.

The Back

Lower back is the slowest muscle inthe human body to recover.

I have known more than one person who said it was 6 or 7 months before they fully recovered from this to no pain.

The Truck

Geez, don't drive the thing with a gas leak. You or it will become a roast turkey in a flash.

If you can't see it leaking smell for it.

Get a couple of feet of heater hose from the auto parts store.

put one end up to your nose and use the other end probe around.

If its a fuel injector truck, the gas line will pressurize as soon as the key is on, and depressurize several seconds after the key is off.

Good luck, and maybe its just a bad hose and not an expensive part.

Ditto on Larry's comment about your back...glad to see it's doing better.

Hopefully you've had your weekly quota of hassle by now, so the rest of the week and weekend will be smooth sailing. ;)