What Can I Say?

Paul Douglass

Last month I had eat ice cream with fresh picked strawberries on to. It was my duty. Now it is ice cream with fresh picked boysenberries on top! I guess by the end of this month I will have to eat ice cream with fresh picked blackberries on top! "Life Get Tedious, Don't It?"

Anyone remember that song??

IMG_2355.JPG

"A boysenberry /ˈbɔɪzənbɛri/ is a cross between a European Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), a Common Blackberry (Rubus fruticosus), an American Dewberry (Rubus aboriginum) and a Loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus).[2]

It is a large 8.0-gram (0.28 oz) aggregate fruit, with large seeds and a deep maroon color,[3] which changes to the typical boysenberry color when the fruit is cooked and made into jam and pie"

The best tasting blackberry there is IMHO. They are just a little tarter than a sweet blackberry. Unlike a thorny blackberry they have a tinny thorns, but tons of them so you pay a price to pick them. They make the best pie of any berry, well I like them!

"A boysenberry /ˈbɔɪzənbɛri/ is a cross between a European Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), a Common Blackberry (Rubus fruticosus), an American Dewberry (Rubus aboriginum) and a Loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus).[2]

It is a large 8.0-gram (0.28 oz) aggregate fruit, with large seeds and a deep maroon color,[3] which changes to the typical boysenberry color when the fruit is cooked and made into jam and pie"

The best tasting blackberry there is IMHO. They are just a little tarter than a sweet blackberry. Unlike a thorny blackberry they have a tinny thorns, but tons of them so you pay a price to pick them. They make the best pie of any berry, well I like them!

Yup...having them in cobble and pies since I was knee high to an earthworm. Still have about 5lbs frozen and vac packed.

Had some blackberry pancakes for breakfast. Not home picked, yet.

But our little blackberry patch is just starting to get ready. Can't wait to have a big bowl of them!