at the circus

Frank Fusco

My Shrine club is putting on it's annual circus this weekend. In fact, as I write this, the last performance is going on. I left just as it started. I had been working as a greeter, fez and all. Saw Tod come in with his son. Cute kid and, no doubt, the boss of the family. I'm sure he is enjoying the show as much as my two year old grandaughter and twin seven year old grandsons did. Their first circus ever. Mighty cold and wet this weekend but the show(s) went on and all had a good time and money was raised in our continuing effort to suppor the Shrine Hospitals.

Attachments

• shriner-mascot.gif
    shriner-mascot.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 16
I hate to say this, but...

no pics, didn't happen! :rofl:

Good on ya for the work you and the other Shriners do for the hospitals. :thumb:

Yeah Frank, where's the pics?

The shrine circus just got over in nearby Lansing. I can remember when our oldest was just a tyke we took him to the shrine circus. He had a great time watching the clowns especially.

Great event for a very noble cause....Keep up the excellent work for a very noble cause.....so mote it be.

Last edited:
No pix for two reasons. Friday night was raining very hard, didn't want camera ruined. And was busy waving, shaking hands and tosseling hair of kids as they came in. Mebbe Tod got pics of his kid there. And, yes, Shriners are proud of what we do. But that 'proud' pales in comparison to the feeling we get when we see a kid who has been helped by the hospitals. If anyone here doesn't know about what our hospitals do, write me off-forum, I'll fill you in. BTW, anyone who knows a kid that might be able to be helped, just contact any Shriner, or contact me, I'll get the ball rolling no matter where that child may be in U.S., Canada or Mexico.

Let us not forget

that here in Dallas is the Scottish Rite Children's Hospital. It also is a cost free facility for children in need.

Of note is that there are 21 Shriners Hospitals in the US and one in Mexico. Three of these specialize in the treatment of burns.

Just an entering apprentice seeking light in woodworking.;)