A couple of bandsaw boxes...

Roger Tulk

These are two bandsaw boxes I made recently. The one with the green leaf drawer is for my DIL. The leaf shape is taken from an actual leaf from an English Walnut growing in my front yard. The box appears to be maple, but I'm only 95% sure of that. It is stained with golden oak and verdigris stains The other box is cherry with black cherry stain.

DSCF5593.jpg

Very nice BS boxes. Just another thing I have wanted to try sometime. I like the leaf, bu ahhh, shouldn't that have been an Oak leaf, I mean, you do live in beautiful Canada?

Like the leaf choice and color of both boxes Roger.
Good idea from Paul worth having a go at a Maple and using the stain u used on the red one.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nice job Roger. I like the leaf drawer. These are addictive. I recently made a half dozen or so for my wife and thought I was over them. Nope! They are fun to make with so many design options. So now I'm getting ready to make up another half dozen for Christmas. I'm guessing you might get caught up in the same way.

Enjoy the fun of making BS boxes, you do nice work.

Thanks everyone! I have thought about doing a maple leaf, but it has too many sharp points, which are just too difficult to do. Leaves like poplar and walnut are much easier.These are not the first bandsaw boxes I have made, just the first ones I have finished. The smaller box is for my great-niece, and I have to finish a tiny little ring box I made from the cut-out for the drawer in that box.

I had a heck of a time coming up with a drawer pull. I couldn't even find one at Michael's. The drawer pulls you see are shelf pegs for glass shelves.