more trouble than its worth

neil mackay

This has been a pain from start to finish, mainly my fault as I couldnt decide which way to go dark-light or whatever. I coloured the outside with Burgundy spirit stain, didnt like it so sanded it off did the same for the inside and removed it only to put it back. Settled on dark inside and rim and the foot has been done as well. Add to that enumerable interruptions and cold weather with the WOP not going off etc . The joys of a unheated tin shed for a workshop. Probably brought this all on myself as I am trying to finish several pieces at once with the weather being a total pain, low temps and all. Not as cold some of you guys experience I'm down to around 6-8' C and the WOP is not co-operating. Had to warm it up and bring the piece into the house to get its temp up as well.

Burgundy spirit stain topped off with Satin WOP 7x5" in Silky Oak and your comments are welcome

Attachments

• Silky Oak with open spirals 003.jpg
    Silky Oak with open spirals 003.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Silky Oak with open spirals 004.jpg
    Silky Oak with open spirals 004.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 34
Hughie, the solution is for you to start touring the US doing demos during the summer (your winter, I guess). :D

Changing color schemes after the dye or stain has been applied is a big pain, but I sure do like the end result on this one. :clap:

Hughie, the solution is for you to start touring the US doing demos during the summer (your winter, I guess). :D

Changing color schemes after the dye or stain has been applied is a big pain, but I sure do like the end result on this one. :clap:

Now thats a fine idea, especially no winter. Yeah the dye made life miserably slow at times.