Some Finish cutting boards

Hi Guys.

Last year I had the chance to visit Finland and I saw these cuting boards, somewhat I managed to forget where I had stored the pics until now so I thought better to post them now before I forget again. Its interesting to see that with a bit of play with the wood grain one can achieve quite interesting results without having to use different types of wood.

Enjoy!board 01.jpgboard 02.jpgboard 03.jpg

Those are cool! I really like the first and second ones a lot, thanks for sharing those.

Hmm, with soft woods like that it seems that pitch pockets would be a concern..

They look good to the extent that they came through as small images. Is there a way to make the images larger? Is everyone seeing these as large images? Can't recall having this problem before.:huh:

...Al, did you click on the photos, that will give the uploaded size view if I'm correct. I'm seeing them fine.

Ken, they are indeed pretty small (300 x 225). Bigger than the thumbnails, but smaller than the typical 600 to 800 pixels wide we see here the most.

Nice boards Toni but as said bigger pics would allow more visibility to the design and grain. For a moment you had me thinking you been infected by Chuck the pirate tiny pics syndrome. :rofl:

Nice boards Toni but as said bigger pics would allow more visibility to the design and grain. For a moment you had me thinking you been infected by Chuck the pirate tiny pics syndrome. :rofl:

Hi rob.
I do not know why they appear so small, I also see them small. I used the same settings as always, 300 pixels on biggest side, which I believe is the maximum allowed isn't it?

Hi rob.
I do not know why they appear so small, I also see them small. I used the same settings as always, 300 pixels on biggest side, which I believe is the maximum allowed isn't it?

No, 800 pixels is the limit, although now the forum software will automatically resize larger pictures for you. :thumb: