Drill identification.

Dennis Ulrich

Got these for my birthday and would like help identifying.

The smaller one is made by Keen Kutter, has a ratcheted handle, and I'm pretty sure is for drilling with augur bits in close quarters. The other has no markings, is about three feet long, and appears to have been hung from above.

Attachments

• image-1730599438.jpg
    image-1730599438.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image-1176970307.jpg
    image-1176970307.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 46
You're right about the KK Close Quarters drill. It was most likely used by electricians, for running wire thru wall studs - probably so long ago that they were drilling for the 'tube' portion of knob and tube wiring (ceramic tubes that were inserted in the holes, with the wire running thru the tube).

Can't help with the other one, though. Looks intriguing...

I'm guessing #2 is not a drill but some kind of food whisk for use in serving a lot of people, like in the military, or a prison.

Breakfast time, take it off its peg. secure it between two parts of a work table (from the bottom) attach whisk, and make scrambled eggs for 100 people.

Done, wash it up and rehang it.

#1 yeah, probably an electricians drill for tight quarters.

I'd clean up #2 paint it in shiney black lacqure and ebay it for $200 or best offer as a thing to hang on a wall as decoration.

#1 is neat, could be handy. I reach for my brace and bit about once a year for a special project. Would probably use that about once every two years. #2 is a puzzlement :confused: nebbers saw nuttin like thet before. :dunno: