New month - first FRIDAY!

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
August already! Good grief! And Friday again.

My intention is to begin filling these:

Shop cabinets.jpg

This is my current 'shop'. Under a canopy, backed up by a 6x8 metal shed. But I am not in the sun and maybe I can putter some. Makes me yearn for the 'real' thing. Maybe next year by this time.....

OK, Don and Stu, let us know how many days left before Christmas. :rofl:

Mostly chillin' out today - worked in our yard until almost dark yesterday, so the old bod is talking to me! LOML is taking me out to lunch today as a reward!

I'll get a little shop time on Saturday doing whatever comes to mind when I get out there. I'm thinking about throwing some NY strips on the grill for dinner. Yep - sounds good!

Sunday should be our usual: some kind of brunch, then NASCAR and who knows what else!?!

Playing a gig tonight at one of our usual sports bar haunts, then going back to the same place Saturday night to sit in with another batch of players...sort of an 'open mic' affair being run by a singer friend of mine. The rest of the weekend free time will be spent trying to learn and polish up about 30 to 40 new songs that I'll be playing with yet another band soon. (Filling in for my buddy Edric who's still in the ICU following a motorcycle wreck nearly 3 weeks ago. He's improving, but slowly.)

Either going to the Balloon Classic a bit south of here...acutally right across the street from Rex Bloem's place...or staying in. The weather looks a little iffy and it's been a long week for me, working on repainting the 2nd story windows on our house every night after work this week. Tomorrow we have a birthday party/equestrian grand prix to attend...Sunday more work on the house's paint job.

@Randal: Its not that I need to know how many days are left. Its that Stu and Don are real good about reminding us as time passes. And to let them know I am thinking about them! ;) :rofl:

Larry and Randi just left, on their way Eastward. Had a nice visit, toured the shop, drank some tea (No beer!), and the wives discussed quilting, etc.

Hope to see them next week on their return trip!

Probably working on the RV this weekend, need to get it mostly done so I can get back to those house projects my wife is reminding me about. My daughter is changing work hours somewhat, so will have a little less free time Saturday and a little more on Sunday from watching the grandson. Also have a gun project I want to get back on and wrap up.

I sold my truck and I'm still looking for another vehicle. Probably spend all day Saturday scouting around. I have to make a decision soon as my wife heads back to school in a few weeks.
Sunday Church then another birthday party for one of my grand daughters.

Celebrated 27 yr's today with the better half, over some grilled steaks, baked taters & fresh maters :D

More guitar fun on the weekend horizon, and yard work once again.... neighbors on both sides of us are gone for the weekend :bliss::woot: peace & quiet Ahhhhhhhhhh :D

Sitting outside my 6 patient rooms on night shift. But tomorrow, serious beer making, cooking and checking out Hot August Nights for some cool food and car watching.