I'll Bet Your Walmart Doesn't Have These

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell the end of summer is on its way...the chile roasters are starting to show up around town. In a month or so, the aroma around Albuquerque is gonna be awesome!

Chile%20Roasters%20at%20Walmart%20800.jpg

Bill's video nailed it. The only thing missing is the awesome, yummy aroma from roasting chiles. :D

I can imagine how it must be when it's roasting season out there, Vaughn. I can throw a couple of bell peppers on my grill to roast them and the aroma is pretty darn good. A few hundred pounds of real chiles must be out of this world!!!

Will be going out to Albuquerque at balloon festival time. Hope all the chili isn't gone by then.

If there's not any fresh available, there should still be a number of places selling the frozen variety. Let me know if you need any help tracking some down when you're out here. :thumb:

Pretty sure if they tried to outlaw selling sacks of roasted chiles down there, they would have a serious armed uprising to have to deal with.

The armed uprising would be more than "serious". It'd make WWII look like a small skirmish!