Something I Cut Out For My Nephew

Paul Douglass

My Nephew sent me a picture of him in his drag car taking off from the starting line during last years dragging. I think I posted it here a while back. I decided to have a pattern made from it so I could make a picture from it on the scroll saw. This is the finished product. He was very surprised and pleased to receive it.

IMG_2389 550.JPG

Also, my Grandson wanted to come back with us when we went to visit him and his sister last week. We have been having a good time. I put him to work in the shop. He does pretty good, but like most 15 year old boys, gets impatience and expects perfection on the first try. But it is really fun having him here.

IMG_2387.jpg

Last edited:
That car looks real nice. Nice gift!

When I was a boy, I learned a lot from my Grandfather, more than just how to do things.

I learned, morality, self-sufficency, and how to get along better with adults, to name a few.

The getting along better with adults really came in handy when visiting relitives too,

and asking for special things like a slice of fresh baked cherry or ruhbarb pie! Yum.

Now that was back when women knew how to cook, and still would. Fresh pie from scratch. Man-O-man.

Cool work there Paul and its great to see your grandson wants to spend time with you and in the shop. I still suffer from impatience. :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk