Well, It's Friday AGAIN!

TGIF! I'm taking off a little early to run mom to the doctor since dad had shoulder surgery yesterday and can't drive her. Need to also stop by the iron shop(s) and pickup some new iron, both some angle, and one that goes bang. Planning to work on the RV this weekend and get the seat belts installed and base cabinets built. Will have to get over the the in-laws to use the shaper for raised panels or bring it home with me (FIL is giving it to me). Other than that, swimming and watching the grandson.

Currently sitting at the Oakland airport waiting to fly home. No more being away from home in my foreseeable future. Now I can get back to my normal life after 4 months away. I will relax this weekend, but am sure to putter in the shop. Will be watching the PGA tournament and probably playing some myself.

Working at the day job this weekend.

But the truck bed is full of stuff that needs to be sorted and 'filed' in all those drawers. Also will try to sneak some time in on rusty iron.

my wife took off from work today, Im about to take her out to lunch, go buy shelf pins and she needs some thread.
tomorrow is cabinet installation day at my sons home, and sunday, we go invited to a cousins barbeque. should be a good productive and relaxing weekend at the same time.

I thought I was finished with cabinet making, I was cleaning up this morning after loading up the truck for tomorrow.
the note my daughter the school teacher made for me. shes so lucky shes cute and I love her, she just leaves me her cutesy note with the dimensions of the cabinet she needs for her class. No hurry, but can I have it ready and stained to match the other ones by end of month.
gotta love ya kids.

Attachments

• 100_1732.jpg
    100_1732.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 21
Let's see...guitars, guitars, guns, guitars, guitars, guitar pedals, and more guitars. Working on a bunch of new (to me) songs for an upcoming show I'm playing at large a bike rally Labor Day weekend. Gonna take a bit of time off to hit the indoor shooting range with my buddy Mike and celebrate our newly-restored memberships.

And in my spare time, I've got a sweet young lady staying as a houseguest through the weekend, and I'll be spending some quality time with her, with lots of long walks and heavy petting involved. ;)

Eva 1 - 800.jpgEva 2 - 800.jpg

I'm doing a little work on a small floor stand to hold towels near the door to our spa - LOML request. Also spending a little time on turning some acrylic blanks I poured a while back. I'm making a pen and pencil set with them.

Saturday will be more on the items above and maybe attempting another resin pour for practice.

Sunday should be a day of rest plus watching some NASCAR and the PGA.

And none too soon. Summer is always our busy time but this Summer has been insane! T.G.I.F. I have a wall cabinet to build.

Picking up my new (to me) car tonight. I sold my truck and It took me a couple of weeks to find what would work for me and to work the best deal possible. Nothing fancy just a 2011 Ford Escape SUV. With the bunch of cash I have left over I'm thinking about either replacing my 6" jointer with an 8" one or a drum sander. I'm leaning towards the jointer pretty heavily. I'm also thinking about (still) moving my shop from the basement to the 2 car attached garage. I'll need a bit of electrical work, insulation, and either a wood or pellet stove. The electricial should be here Tuesday to give me an idea of cost.

I have an order for a few cutting boards and my daughter is asking for 2 twin beds for my grand kids. I need to pick up a small trailer to haul lumber now that my truck is gone.

Vaughn, my folks raised Great Danes when I was a kid. Just fawn and brindle though. What wonderful dogs. The only problem is they don't live that long. 8-9 years is about it.

Let's see...guitars, guitars, guns, guitars, guitars, guitar pedals, and more guitars. Working on a bunch of new (to me) songs for an upcoming show I'm playing at large a bike rally Labor Day weekend. Gonna take a bit of time off to hit the indoor shooting range with my buddy Mike and celebrate our newly-restored memberships.

And in my spare time, I've got a sweet young lady staying as a houseguest through the weekend, and I'll be spending some quality time with her, with lots of long walks and heavy petting involved. ;)

What a gorgeous girl!

Vaughn, if the dog keeps growing, saddle her up and give pony rides to the kiddies.

As Great Danes go, she's relatively small...only about 115 pounds. But she's a sweetheart once she warms up to you. She was abused in her early years, so she's a little skittish until she gets to know you. I'd only met her once before this week, and she wasn't quite sure what to think when her people dropped her off at my apartment* Tuesday night. But we've bonded well since then and she's decided Uncle Vaughn is a pretty OK guy. :)

*Normally, I wouldn't consider keeping a dog this big in my little apartment, but she lives in a yardless apartment similar to mine, so she's accustomed to lounging around the apartment and going for 3 or 4 walks a day. Fortunately, I live across the street from a park, so we have a handy place to go walking.

I am back on mechanical work this weekend. Hauled the travel trailer home fromstorage today and got to get tires changed over, brakes checked and wheel bearings greased. Getting preped for a trip fishing with my son, he wants a refresher on fly fishing. Been a while since i had a line on the water.
If i get er done by days end Sat then I will see if i can get my pc pancake compressor fixed. Then back to my router table.

Vaughn thats my idea of a dog. I absolutely love a great dane. And from what i have heard they do pretty well as house dogs, although they look like horses they tire easily dont need that much excercise.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk