Pasta board, again!

Roger Tulk

You may remember that last year I made one of these for my neighbour. Well, naturally, her sister wanted one, two. So, i've had the wood for a while, but had just left it on the to do list. Yesterday when i got tired of turning, I took out the wood, and my router table, and frustrated myself no end trying to set up the cut for the joint between the board and the cleat at the end. Finally I decided it might be easier on my table saw, and it was. I did the basic cuts in about 20 minutes, and glued and sanded it today. When I did it on the router table last year, I kept giving up in frustration, and it was a couple of weeks before I delivered the piece. I'm going to sell that router table. Seriously.

pastabd01.jpg pastabd02.jpg

The panel is birch, the cleats are walnut. Finished with mineral oil.

Don't you mean Pierogie board?
I went looking for the old post, trying to figure out if the cleats, were part of a mounting system (old bungelow kitchens would have cutting boards in cabinets. I saw plans for a retro one, where the person designed it to be in a cabinet like the old bungelow ones, but pull out like a secratary desk).

Well, what they asked for was a pasta board. The cleats keep the board from sliding back, by holding on to the front of the counter. I have never seen it in use, but last time I got about 80 pierogies for my efforts. Man, oh man!